Vol.14 Ch.43: The Leopards Rush In!

"Nia!" Vincent called out. "I believe their mighty Lion is planning to target you! You must confront it at once!"

"E-Eh!?" Nia jumped. In her drowsy state, it took her a moment to process this sudden development.

Most of the enemies were going hard at the Golem, about to demolish it. However, while that was taking place, a wall of lions suddenly appeared! What's more, a lion man was charging straight at Nia! Scary!

G-Gotta run! Nia turned her back to the incoming threat and made a break for it.

"Wait!" Vincent called out. "We cannot escape this prison. As such, our only choice is to take down the warden!"

He coated his body and blade in flames and rushed to intercept the assaulter.

"Let us join hands!" Vincent implored. "Together, we can smite down this foolhardy invader!"

Alas, his pleas fell on deaf ears. Nia continued running away, half startled and half sleepy.

Her movements were fueled by nothing but pure instinct, as her mind was a mess at the moment. And, what did these instincts tell her in this case?

Scary! Gotta run! That's all Nia could think about. In this limbo state between sleeplessness and alertness, she could only think about her own survival and nothing else.

Unfortunately, running away was futile. Inside The King's Dominion, none could outrun the king. Among the various buffs the Lionfolk received inside his domain, a Movement Speed buff was included as well.

And so, Rook caught up to Nia within moments. CLAW! CLAW! Sharp blades pierced her back, deleting big chunks of her HP!

"A-Ah!" Nia trembled. She was like a hapless rabbit at the mercy of a big lion. The predator was faster than her and there was nowhere to run.

CLAW! One of the lion guards clawed Nia as well, telling her she wasn't welcome here.

At some point in her daze, she rammed into the edge of the prison without realizing it. This was a dead end.

CLAW! CLAW! The Lionfolk's vicious attacks didn't stop. Each strike hit home, filling with intense killing intent.

There was nowhere to run. Nothing to do. It was over...

"Nia!" Vincent called out again. "Your foe is within arm's reach! You can use your ult to turn the tables on him!"

"Eh?" Nia blinked in confusion. Her brain was like swiss cheese.

Fortunately, before her HP fell below 20%, she finally figured out what Vincent was talking about: Izuna Drop!

Right! He's so close that I can hit him! Nia turned around.

She was on the verge of death with nowhere to run, but she wasn't dead yet. What's more, she had this powerful trump card at her disposal, one that only worked at point-blank. And, her opponent placed himself at the perfect range for it!

I-I can still do it! Nia turned around and went for Izuna Drop!

The Lionfolk was right in front of her. Yes, he was that easy to grab! And, that's precisely why this turned out to be a misplay...

"Eh?" Nia blinked in confusion. She intended to give the Lionfolk a deadly hug, yet her arms passed through empty air. Her target was nowhere in sight.

Muhaha! Cato laughed maniacally on the inside, like a mastermind whose genius plan came together just right.

When it became clear that Vanishing was turning around, Cato already started rolling to the side. He knew that the ult was coming but he didn't have the necessary reaction speed to respond to plays like that in the last split second, so he had to roll ahead of time.