Vol.11 Ch.28: Who is Renegade?

This is an interesting board position. Yuel examined the mini-map.

At a glance, things were looking grim for Stratus. The split-push in Bot fell through, so the enemy successfully maintained their map control. Stratus had lost control in Top and Mid, whereas the enemy only had to worry about Bot for a moment.

Getting Bot Golem all the way down to 30% HP surely put a lot of pressure on the enemy, but it wasn't enough to make them crack. All they had to do was to defend Bot until the rest of their teammates revive, then to initiate a decisive push as a team.

Such a push would either make or break the game. And, unfortunately, the odds favored Taurus, especially with the infamous Triangle on board.

We have to make a move before it comes to that. Yuel concluded. Fortunately, there was some leverage to work with.

Even though the enemy put a stop to the push on Bot, Lars achieved something unexpected in the process. He killed DragonMaster, which turned the current situation into a 4v3.

Not to mention, thanks to Kai's efforts, StormMonster was also dead. In other words, the enemy's fearsome Triangle was out of commission for a while.

In short, the enemy team had fewer players and they were missing their greatest weapon. If this wasn't a golden opportunity to make something happen, then when would it be?

I better get something done too. Yuel felt like he was left behind.

Kai scored a difficult kill on StormMonster, whereas Lars took a great risk to get a kill on DragonMaster. Meanwhile, what did Yuel achieve? Nothing that was worth mentioning.

If anything, Yuel nearly blundered twice this game. He was slow in rotating to Top, barely getting there in time to save Kai. And, his lack of confidence almost made him stop Lars from fighting DragonMaster. So, rather than achieving anything great, Yuel almost ruined the team's chances twice in a row.

I better make up for it somehow. Yuel thought. My teammates worked so hard to create these great opportunities, so how can I call myself a shot-caller if I don't capitalize on them?

As it stood, the enemy was more than likely going to be on the defensive for a while. They'll band together to defend Bot, and wait it out until their entire team revives. They were unlikely to split up or to commit to any risky plays.

Okay, think. How can I draw them out? Yuel racked his brain.

Taurus was currently lacking in manpower but they had no reason to rush anything. Stratus were the ones losing in terms of map-control, so they had to make the first move to get something moving.

Honestly, this was tough. Taurus players were maintaining their cool even under these circumstances, so it'll be hard to crack their defense. There were no obvious openings to strike.

If only I could force them to split up, then we could handle them individually. This sounded like wishful thinking. The enemy will definitely stick together for now. They understood the importance of traveling together as a group at this stage of the game. They won't spread themselves thin for no reason.

But, what if they suddenly get such a reason? Can I come up with one?

If the enemy splits up and Stratus scores one more kill, it'll become the decisive blow they needed to turn the game around. A 4v2 situation would give them tremendous leverage. In fact, it might even propel them all the way to victory.

Question is, how do I split them apart? Is there any way to bait them out? Yuel overclocked his brain.

All in all, it seemed impossible. Nevertheless, as the shot-caller, Yuel had to find a way. He couldn't let Lars and Kai's efforts go to waste. Those two created a great opportunity to mount a counter-attack, so Yuel had to follow up on it.