Vol.14 Ch.24: Data Gathering

The lane battle in Top was one between two fellow intellectuals.

'Tis a clash of information! Vincent hyped up the match in his head. On the right side, we have none other than moi, InformationBlackhole, representing Stratus! And, on the left side, there's TheTheorist, playing for the Leopards!

It was like a hype wrestling match! However, instead of using barbarian strength, both sides were about to attack each other with information.

So, let us begin. We shall see which of us has the superior information network! He who controls the information controls the world!

Judging by how Theorist played in the previous scrimmages, it was safe to say she was a devotee of the Information Cult, just like Vincent. Therefore, their battle was bound to take place in the Information Dimension.

As such, I shall dub thee "The Information Theorist"! A worthy rival to moi, no doubt.

Meanwhile, his opponent also recognized him as a player of a similar breed. However, there wasn't nearly as much hype present in her head.

InformationBlackhole. Sonya opened a drawer with that label in her head. She stored such data about all of today's opponents and she has gone over it countless times by now. But, it never hurt going over it one more time, just in case.

InformationBlackhole was a player with mediocre mechanical skill, but he made up for it via decent decision-making and game knowledge. In other words, he was a "theory player", just like Sonya.

His mechanical skill had a score of about 5/10 and his decision-making seemed to be around 8/10. Although, the decision-making department was much harder to judge accurately, given how Stratus had an excellent shot-caller. Chessmaster might've orchestrated many of Blackhole's better plays.

As for his game knowledge score, I obviously can't judge that properly without more data. Sonya lamented the fact. I'll just have to act under the assumption that he's at least 8/10.

In short, Blackhole was a 5/8/8 player. A decent score compared to the previous opponents the Leopards faced this year, but nothing special overall. Ultimately, Blackhole was just an average player who scraped by thanks to utilizing game theory to his advantage.

Just like me, I suppose. Sonya nodded to herself. Except, I can confidently say my knowledge is at 10/10 and my decision-making is at least 9/10. Though, I will concede that my mechanical skill is probably around 7/10.

To others, these might sound like completely random numbers that held no value. However, for Sonya, they were an objective representation of player skill.

Alright, next section. Sonya flipped a page inside her head and continued deconstructing Blackhole.

Reviewing all the data one last time before getting to lane was like a ritual of sorts. It helped Sonya calm down and concentrate on the match. It's something she needed in order to distract herself from the pressure of playing in front of an audience, something she wasn't too comfortable with.

So, he's playing Spellblade this time. Sonya thought. This is new data. He hasn't used Spellblade in the previous scrimmage, so I can't say much about it.

Most likely, Blackhole picked Spellblade as a magical supplement for Bomber, who was a physical Mid Laner. Unfortunately, this also happened to be the first time that Beat picked Bomber on the competitive stage, so there was no data whatsoever about this arrangement.

Is this a lineup they practiced before? I'd assume it is, but there's no data. Sonya sighed. No matter how much time we spend analyzing our opponents, there's only so much we can tell from a single scrim. Sigh.