Vol.14 Ch.35: Gank the Ganker

"Wha-!?" Kai gasped. The juicy opportunity to score a kill vanished in front of her very eyes!

It should've been impossible. The Aeromancer didn't have any quick escape tools. And yet, Merlin blinked away!

"Damn, he was cloaking that Blink!" Kai ranted.

"Yeah..." Yuel frowned.

Buying Blink in the early-game for extra safety wasn't unheard of. In particular, a class like Aeromancer benefited greatly from it.

However, Merlin went the extra mile and paid gold to also cloak the skill. In other words, from the get-go, he was planning to use Blink not only as an escape tool but also as a trap.

This gives me Ellen vibes. Yuel shuddered. It looks like I'll have to ask myself twice every time I see an opening with this guy. Anything has a chance to be bait with him.

Either way, it was too early to give on this play. Even after blinking away, Merlin was still somewhat within reach.

"Damn!" Kai cursed. "Get back here, you little...!"

She tossed a satchels charge ahead of Merlin, hoping to knock him right back within her attack range. There was still a chance there!

Alas, she was too late. By the time the satchels charge reached its destination, Merlin had already rolled ahead. He was completely out of reach now.

"Tch." Kai clicked her tongue and returned to her previous activity, that of clearing the remaining enemy minions.

"This isn't over yet," Yuel said. "We still have Nia's incoming gank, so no need to rush with clearing the minions. Instead, try to get as close as possible to them, to make sure you're ready to follow up on Nia's attack."

"Got it." Kai gradually moved toward the jungle side as she threw bombs at the enemy minions. This time, I'll get the kill for sure!

Nia was already right around the corner. Her rotation took longer than expected and it wasn't very efficient, but that was just standard Nia things today.

"Attacking...." Nia informed in a small voice, with a yawn right after.

This was a golden opportunity. The enemy still hasn't used Lumimancer's ult, so they shouldn't know that Nia arrived. So now, she just had to enter stealth mode and sneak up to them!

"Go for the Aeromancer if possible," Yuel advised. "This time, he doesn't have any escape tools for sure, and he even spent his Dodge Roll."

"Ok..." Nia did her best to keep her eyes open as he targeted her Shadow Clone. The plan was to summon her twin sister into the lane and distract the enemy. In the meantime, Nia will sneak up to the Aeromancer.

This was one of the basic Ninja routines, yet it felt so tiresome for some reason. In fact, everything felt tiresome right now. Nia really wanted to just curl up on top of this comfy esports chair and take a nap...

No, this is an important moment. Nia weakly shook her head. I gotta focus. Focus. Focus...

The word echoed into nothingness in her head. This was sooooo tiresome. She had to wrestle with her own eyes to keep them open. As a result, she didn't notice the unfolding situation in time.

While she was taking her sweet time to aim her Shadow Clone from the jungle entrance - the enemy was already here! ROAR! The Lionfolk leapt straight at her!

"G-Gufu!" Nia jumped. The surprise gave her an unexpected rush of adrenaline. G-Gotta dodge- ack!

Despite the adrenaline injection, she was far too sluggish. Nia started rolling to the side, but the lion already crashed on her. The damage was already dealt.