Vol.13 Ch.22: Flawless Farming

=== StormBlitz ====

Aegis (Support) - Druid

Athena (Carry) - Elf

Adapting (Mid) - Aeromancer

Average (Jungler) - Lancer

Apprentece (Top) - Knight

=== Sweepers ===

IronWall (Support) - Cryomancer

Argus (Carry) - Gunslinger

Esmeralda (Mid) - Warlock

MegaHawk (Jungler) - Vampire

Ignis (Top) - Warrior

Our lineup is overly defensive. Jin thought as he examined the final picks. StormBlitz had Paladin, Elf, and Aeromancer. These were all classes known for their defensive potential. As I thought, they're a hyper defensive team.

Jin didn't only research his foes. He was told ahead of time he'll be playing alongside StormBlitz, so he researched his potential teammates as well. It was useful information to have, both for today's match and for their inevitable clash at the regional.

The enemy of my enemy is a friend this time. Jin reasoned. I'll have to make sure they don't fall behind, or else they'll drag me down with them.

Even though this was an exam intended for Jin alone, he had to pay at least some attention to the baggage that was StormBlitz. No matter how well Jin plays he won't be able to carry an entire game by himself, not against pro players. As such, it was necessary to know what this team lacked in order to fill in the gaps.

All of them will focus on defense, so I'll have to go with a more aggressive build. Jin concluded based on the information at hand.

"Just so we're on the same page," Howard suddenly spoke up. "In case you're not aware, our team generally prefers to play defensively. So, keep that in mind when you build items."

Did he just read my thoughts? Jin knotted his brows. "Yes, I figured you play defense. So, I plan to build power to compensate for weak offense."

"Compensate?" Howard blinked. "No, no. You got it all wrong. You see, this isn't a 'weakness' in our formation. That's just our playstyle. We focus on defense and win in the late-game."

"I understand that," Jin said. "But, if nobody builds some offense early on, the team will lose both early and middle game."

"We just have to defend well enough to prevent that from happening," Howard said plainly. "As long as we maintain solid defense, we don't have to worry. We'll safely reach the late-game and then turn the tables on our opponents."

I feel like I've heard these exact same words before... Jin made a face. "Is this a popular strategy in the west?"

"Hmm. No, I wouldn't say so. At least, I'm not aware of pros favoring defense over offense in particular."

"Is that so." Jin didn't have any statistics to back up either claim so he left it at that. But, it's peculiar. The captains of the two strongest regional teams are hellbent on defense. Is that just a coincidence...?

"Alright, I understand," Jin said. "I'll keep my build balanced."

"Thanks."

"But, I want to start with power. I need it to compete with Warrior."