Vol.14 Ch.23: Zone Dominator

Just as the thought of retreating crossed Lars's mind - he realized he was in a terrible position!

Yo, this is like Ellen's shenanigans all over again! Except, a hundred times harder to notice!

Ellen was also a pro at baiting people into whichever position she wanted, but at some point, Lars learned how to see through her ploys (for the most part).

But, against Winner? That bait was clean as heck. There was no opportunity to even consider the possibility of bait due to how intense their fight was.

I had to use like 200% of my focus on dodging and aiming. I had no time to think about my position and stuff. But, this dude thought about everything! What a beast.

Even while keeping up with Lars, Winner managed to secure himself a favorable position for this second phase of the battle. That was some pro-level stuff, no joke.

So, what's now? Lars racked his brain to the best of his ability.

Retreating to the tower would be difficult. Yes, difficult but not entirely impossible.

I can run past him and shoot myself back into the tower area. He had been saving Backfire Cannon for a desperate situation like this, so maybe it was time to use it?

But, if I do that, it's like admitting defeat. I mean, with how much HP will I make it back to the tower, realistically?

ZAP! ZAP! Two laser beams flew at Lars without warning!

The first beam grazed his side, but he successfully sidestepped the other one. Yep, this was Lars's current situation in a nutshell.

This is rough. I can only dodge Winner's shots once in a blue moon. Dude sure knows how to marksman.

Lars considered retaliating right away as usual, but he passed on the opportunity this time. His only option was shooting at the Droid's exposed legs, but that'll probably be easy for Winner to evade.

I need more time to think. Lars had no reason to rush things so he backed away for now.

With every passing second, the Deflector Shield was getting closer and closer to its expiration. So, maybe Lars could just wait it out?

As far as he could tell, the best-case realistic scenario for him was to stay afloat with at least 40% HP by the time Deflector Shield ends. At that point, he'd be lagging behind Winner by only 20% HP, a gap that Lars was confident he'll be able to close after destroying the drone.

Easier said than done, tho. Lars chuckled. Dude is legit strong. I hafta pull all the stops just to beat him normally, and that shield gonna make it like a billion times harder.

So, what was the right course of action here? If Yuel were here, he'd surely provide some brilliant advice on the spot; that dude knew how to deal with literally anything.

Alas, Yuel was busy in Mid right now and there wasn't much time to consult him. Besides, this was a duel between Lars and Winner.

I'mma figure something out by myself. I don't need advice about every little thing anymore.

Lars outgrew that kind of mentality. Playing Mid by himself this year opened his eyes to many things.

Turning to teammates for help was important, but it was also as important to know how to deal with difficult situations by himself. The others won't always be available to help him out because they had their own problems to deal with.

So, let's pretend this is a Duel match for a moment. Lars reframed his mindset.

As of this moment, the game mode was no longer a 5v5 MOBA. Instead, it was a 1v1 Duel between Lars and Winner.