Vol.14 Ch.25: Disadvantageous but Easy Routine

Vincent's first exchange with TheTheorist in the lane was very passive, but nonetheless unpleasant.

I feel like a lab rat. Vincent smiled wryly. The all-seeing Theorist is dissecting me at this very moment, I can feel it in my bones.

At first, Theorist stayed at the back and watched how Vincent will behave. Yes, she just stood there, menacingly.

Surely, her eyes recorded every twitch Vincent made, and she stored all that data on her mental hard drive.

She traded some precious lane advantage for the sake of gaining more information. Such dedication to the craft! Vincent nodded repeatedly.

As a fellow information enthusiast, he knew all about making sacrifices for the sake of understanding his foe better. In fact, Vincent would've gladly done the same under other circumstances.

However, right now, he was the one holding a slight advantage due to their class matchup. Therefore, Vincent was obligated to utilize this advantage, or else a certain Chessmaster will chew him out.

Besides, the records of Akasha claim that Theorist will fully respect this advantage. Vincent nodded. And indeed, thus far, she's exactly the kind of player I imagined her to be. And, naturally, I'm sure she profiled me down as well. I wonder, how predictable was in her eyes?

Today's battle in Top Lane will be decided via a clash of information. It was going to be very different from when he faced Taurus' brutes.

Very well. Vincent nodded dramatically. Then, let us begin this intellectual battle! Whoever discovers the other's weakness first - shall reign supreme!

But, that was easier said than done. They were both players with robust theoretical knowledge, so they knew how to minimize risks.

Theorist advanced toward Vincent's minion wave and unleashed palm strikes at his swordsmen, but she soon retreated back to her territory. Indeed, Theorist understood all too well that she was extending into enemy territory, and that it was mandatory for her to retreat ASAP.

It's such a tragic tale! Vincent shook his head. My partner has just arrived and she already vanished, before I even had the chance to dance with her!

Despite how unrealistic it sounded, Vincent was hoping to quickly clear out the enemy minions and then strike Theorist at least once or twice. Alas, the woman escaped his jurisdiction.

Alright, this is enough for now. Sonya backpedaled after taking out one of the swordsmen. The rest can wait. It's more important to secure a safe position first.

And so, she left the danger zone in haste before Blackhole turned on her. As expected, the all-rounder didn't seize this brief opportunity to assault her, despite the fact he was holding the lane advantage at the moment.

Good. This makes things much easier for me. Sonya retreated to safety and activated Chakra Bullet, switching her basic attacks from melee to ranged. She only had seven shots of this handy tool before her chakra runs out, but she had to make do with that for now.

WHISH! WHISH! The Monk thrust her palm through empty air, generating a wind blast with each strike. The blasts rammed into the incoming swordsmen, dealing hefty damage.

Every shot of Chakra Bullet cost Sonya 1 Chakra, but in exchange, these shots were just as strong as her melee basic attacks. Thanks to that, she fell the injured swordsmen in but a couple of hits, and then she spent the rest of her Chakra on the bowmen.

Unfortunately, even with this handy tool, it was impossible to clear the entire enemy wave before they reached the tower area. Two bowmen invaded and started shooting Sonya's Turret.