Vol.11 Ch.6: Raymond's Offense

The next minion wave arrived. This was the perfect opportunity for Raymond to test his offense on Beat.

Sorcerer's range was great, but Beat still had to step out of her tower to clear the minions. That moment will be Raymond's best opportunity to strike.

Aeromancer was best suited for defense, but that didn't mean it couldn't go on the offensive. If anything, many of its defensive tools were also great for offense.

Raymond placed a Whirlwind on the incoming enemy wave. So far, it was nothing new. That alone shouldn't arise the enemy's suspicion.

After Whirlwind, Raymond would normally retreat to his side of the lane. But, not this time. Instead, he fired a Squall toward Beat.

Huh? He's shooting? Kai blinked in confusion and instinctively backed away. But, that wasn't even necessary.

There was no way Squall would reach her from that distance. Kai was convinced because she knew how to Aeromancer. She developed a good grasp of Squall's range- WHAM! The gust of wind slammed her!

"Huh!?" Kai, staggered backward, unable to process the situation. What? How!? Squall couldn't reach across such a big range, no way.

Did they stealth-buffed the range or something? Kai frowned. No, there weren't any recent balance changes as far as I know.

And yet, the Squall undeniably reached her. In other words, it flew farther than it normally could. There was only one way an Aeromancer could make that happen: with Jet Stream.

When did he place it? Kai spotted the culprit. As expected, there was a trail of wind blowing between her and her opponent. She didn't even see it being placed, so that's why it took her a couple of seconds to figure what was going on. When did he...?

The Jet Stream wasn't there before Nirvana fired Squall, Kai could swear on that. So, did Nirvana place the Jet Stream after firing Squall?

I know it's just barely possible in terms of timing, but... Even Kai, who enjoyed the challenge of execution, wouldn't risk trying this advanced tech in a critical match like this. Even the slightest miscalculation could ruin that entire setup and waste precious MP. In particular, it was too risky to try it online, especially in laggy matches.

But, this match is more like offline. Kai reasoned. On this stage, there won't be any lag spikes or unexpected delays, so difficult setups like this were far more viable.

Damn, so he gonna zone me with that? Kai clicked her tongue. What a pain.

The Squall, boosted by Jet Stream, ate 20% of Kai's HP in one hit. It was no joke.

While I farm the lane, he'll be farming my HP. Kai frowned.

To clear minions efficiently as a Sorcerer, Kai had to step out of her tower range and place a Magia Orb in the center of the enemy wave. However, doing so placed her in the range of the Squall + Jet Stream combo. She'll have to pay with her HP for the ability to farm optimally.

In that case, I'll just have to dodge it. Kai thought. If the enemy was planning to Squall + Jet Stream her every time she approached, then Kai will simply have to avoid the attack. Next time, she'll be ready.

The next wave arrived.

Kai advanced to the front in order to place her Magia Orb, but she also kept a watchful eye on the opponent's movements. The moment Nirvana fires, she'll move out of the way.

WHISH! A gust of wind charged at her! That sound was the cue. Now, Kai just had to step to the right and- WHAM! The wind struck her!

"Wha-!?" Kai exclaimed. How in the-!? I was ready this time!