Vol.13 Ch.33: A Second Chance

"Dan, jump out of there!" That timely order saved the team's Jungler in the nick of time. If not for that warning, then Hawk would have surely killed Average.

It was an impressive read. Jin had to give credit where it was due. Even I didn't read the situation that far ahead. Hawk must've been sitting on that "plan B" for quite some time.

It was quite unexpected. Jin was certain the enemy will prioritize him above anything else, but Hawk was quick to shift gears and target the Jungler who came there to help Jin.

If Average died there, then it would have been my fault. Jin reasoned.

Even if nobody else directly associated that mistake with him, Jin would have still treated it as his fault. That lane situation was his problem, and the Jungler only rotated there to help.

I accepted the help, so it was partially my responsibility to look out for him. So, the moment I safely got away, I should've properly considered how dangerous the situation was. I should've been the one to tell him to run away.

Alas, Jin failed at this job as a teammate. It was rather frustrating.

Of course, he didn't particularly care about Average. This was purely about Jin's personal skill as a player. Being a "good teammate" was part of what made somebody good at Classmancers, and Jin completely blundered back there.

I'm sure I would've realized Hawk's intentions as well if I had a few more seconds. But, it would have been too late at that point...

Against pros, fast decision-making was crucial. Falling behind by even a single second could make all the difference between life and death.

I was at the scene, yet I missed it. But, the captain didn't. Jin thought. Even though he's all the way on the other side of the lane, Aegis still managed to issue such a timely call. And, the Jungler responded instantly, without asking any questions. I had to admit, when it comes to defense, this team can really deliver results.

A perfectly timed shot-call like that was impressive, even by Jin's standards. There was no doubt that, out of everybody in StormBlitz, the captain was the closest one to pro level.

Under Aegis's lead, StormBlitz's defense was good enough to fend off pros. As such, this team will surely be a formidable opponent for the Leopards this year.

But, that's not my business. Jin pushed such thoughts to the back of his head. I'm here today in order to graduate from that mediocre competition. I have to get into the pro scene as soon as possible. It must be done.

His thoughts were growing frantic. At the back of his head, Jin already realized the truth: he butchered his last chance to leave a good impression.

The way he cleared Ignis's minions from disadvantage was good, but then Ignis turned the tables on him. On top of that, he chose a bad direction to escape to, which allowed Hawk to easily block his path. That whole scene was bound to leave a bad impression on the audience.

And, I also have to recall now. Jin frowned as he looked at his remaining HP. The entire exchange brought this health dangerously low. So, even though he escaped alive, he surrendered a lot of lane control to his opponent.

The next minion wave was about to arrive, and Jin wouldn't be there to greet it. In other words, Ignis will get a free opportunity to push his tower.

I'll have to ride back to lane with my ult. Jin concluded. That was the only thing he could do in order to not lose his entire tower.

Alas, the enemy had every intention to make it as difficult as possible for him.

"Hey Hawk," Ignis started. "Since you failed to catch any of the kids, you better stay here and help me push."