Vol.9 Ch.26: Outplaying Draconic Rush

The second game between Stratus and Taurus began. Everybody in Taurus was riled up about the enemy's Dark Knight pick. They all thirsted for blood, but some more than others.

"Yo, let's invade these fuckers!" Bruce suggested. "We can strike them down before they get a chance to put a fight! Gonna teach them what it means to fuck with us."

"That's not a good idea," Raymond objected. "Their lineup has a strong early-game. They have the upper hand at this stage of the game."

"C'mon, don't be such a wuss!" Bruce argued back and turned to the others. "Y'all wanna invade, right? Right?"

"I agree with Ray here," Bryan said. "These bastards are clearly trying to end the game early with that lineup. It gonna be hard to beat them right now. We should just stall them until late game."

"Yeah," Zeph nodded. "I wanna wreck them as much as you do, but we can't be reckless."

"Tch, fine," Bruce piped down and followed the regular game opening. He, Bryan, and Raymond traveled to the Orge Camp together.

I said all that, but I actually wanna start attacking that DK scum as soon as possible. Zeph was giddy. A tremble of ecstasy ran through his arms as he imagined bringing down his blade and decapitating Chessmaster. That bastard deserved nothing but cruel death.

Everybody else must've been eager to attack as well. But, they all managed to stop themselves and listen to reason. It was largely thanks to Bruce. The guy was acting like an enraged clown, so it made everybody realize how stupid and reckless their own thoughts were. It helped them to calm down and listen to reason.

That's probably one reason why Bruce was considered the "captain" of the gang. He was always the first to jump at anybody who trash-talked him or his homies. And, he was always the first to trash talk the enemy. In short, he was a dumbass in every sense of the word. But, a necessary kind of dumbass whose existence made everybody around him feel smarter.

For example, after everybody shot down Bruce's dumb invade idea, Zeph also woke up from his reckless delusions and developed some patience. He wanted to strangle Chessmaster ASAP, but he had to hold it back for now. There was no reason to rush. He'll get countless opportunities to wreck that bastard during mid-game. For now, he had to focus on surviving through the early-game with minimal losses.

Dragon got an alright matchup against DK. No problems there. Zeph nodded to himself. He had more than enough experience dealing with cheap Dark Knights in Ranked. Dragonborn was definitely one of the few classes that could give Dark Knight a hard time.

The main reason for that was Draconic Scales, the passive. It reduced all received damage by a flat amount. It was the type of passive that became irrelevant from mid-game onward, but it was a huge deal during the early-game. For Dark Knight, who relied on terrorizing everybody with high flat damage, Draconic Scales was a hindrance.

In addition, Draconic Rush was an awesome attack that also granted brief damage immunity. It was hella convenient for contesting the lane against a Dark Knight.

Not to mention, Dragonborn's ult allowed him to turn into a dragon. That was a huge game-changer in any fight. Dragonborn was ten times harder to kill in dragon form.

Seriously, this class was sick. People often banned it in Ranked. Nobody wanted to deal with an enemy that was so hard to kill. If Chessmaster thought he gonna get ez kills here, he was about to have a very bad time.

"I must ask," Vincent addressed Yuel. "Was DK really a wise pick? A Dragonborn will prove to be a strong adversary for sure."

"In a vacuum, Dark Knight is never a good pick," Yuel said. "But, we agreed on a rushdown strategy, didn't we? There's no better Top Laner for that game plan. I'll just have to work a little harder than expected for my kills, that's all. Nia, I'll be relying on your ganks again."