Vol.11 Ch.16: Striking the Weakest Link!

"Hey Rio, my guy. I just had a stroke of genius," Jaiden started. "What would you say if I rotated to Mid?"

"That sure came out of nowhere."

"I know, right? But, stick with me here for a second. We're not gonna fight Gunz, right? So, there's no point for both of us to sit in lane. Instead, I can use this time to gank Mid and maybe take down the Mid tower."

"Sounds good." Rio nodded. Unlike Jaiden's earlier suggestions, this was a level-headed idea that prioritized the team's victory. This is the Jaiden I know.

"So, what do you say, Ray?" Jaiden asked. "Want me to rotate over there?"

"That'll be a great help," Raymond said. "I've been pressuring Beat for a while now, but she's still holding up with some help from their Jungler. If you join in, I believe we can bust through that defense."

"Okay, then let's do it!" Jaiden grinned. "Rio, can you distract Gunz for me? I wanna sneak out unnoticed."

"I'll give it a shot," Rio said.

"Just don't get killed. If things get out of hand, make a break for it."

"Of course." Rio nodded.

Frankly, Rio had little faith in his ability to do anything about Gunz. That guy was a beast wearing human flesh. Merely standing in front of Gunz was equivalent to attempted suicide. But, if it's just about causing a diversion, even Rio should be able to do something.

Okay, let's do it. Rio took a deep breath. There was at least a 30% chance Gunz will somehow kill him, no matter how careful he plays. Nothing ventured, nothing gain.

Rio braced himself for the worst and mixed in with the incoming minion wave. Though, among the short soldiers, he stuck out like a sore thumb.

What's is this dude doing? Lars cocked his head. This was such an odd sight. The Cleric was traveling in the middle of the enemy formation, for some reason. The heck was that dude doing in there?

Are they trying to start something? Lars glanced at the Pirate, but the dude was far away from the wave. In fact, he was too far away, much closer to the jungle entrance. It didn't feel like they were coordinating any sort of offense.

Are they trying to intimidate me or something? Lars wondered. Because I'm not scared, that for sure.

Cleric didn't have any CC, so there was no danger in letting him get close. On top of that, DragonMaster was dead, Nirvana was in Mid. and StormMonster was in Top. So, nobody could gank the lane anytime soon.

Weird. Maybe they're trying to bait me? That Cleric was setting himself up as a juicy target, but Lars won't fall into such an obvious trap. The moment he hits the Cleric, the entire enemy gang will be on his business. I ain't having that. I might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm not that dumb.

But, not everything was up to Lars. The Cleric went a step further with his baiting. Once Lars started shooting the minions, the Cleric moved all over the place, trying to increase his chances of getting hit. An absolute mad lad, no other way to describe it.

But, this is a legit thing. This was a niche tactic that looked bizarre at first glance, but it wasn't the first time Lars came across it. Some smartass players pulled that stuff from time to time, such as Ellen. Oh yes, she pulled that crap on Lars more than enough times. He learned a bunch of important lessons from it.

Too bad for ya. Lars smiled confidently as he pointed his gun. If ya expecting me to misfire, then that ain't happening!

BAM. HEADSHOT. BAM. HEADSHOT. Lars fired fearlessly. He hit every single minion in the head, maximizing damage.