Vol.13 Ch.23: The Kid's Impossible Tech

WHOOSH! A giant sword leaped at Jin, aiming for his torso! But, it failed to reach him.

That sure gave me a jump. Jin thought. Good thing I didn't give her the benefit of the doubt.

Even though he didn't think a pro would resort to an early RNG battle like this, he nonetheless kept a close watch on every move Ignis made. Thanks to that, he responded to her Dodge Roll in a timely fashion and distanced himself from the danger zone before the sword assaulted him.

And so, Ignis' attack failed. Or, at least, the first part of it did.

"Not too shabby," Ignis said. "But, this is only the beginning!"

She pressed her offense further. As the aggressor, the momentum was on her side. It was her opponent who had to adapt to this sudden burst of aggression!

Tch. I see she's going all out with this offense. Jin just barely evaded Ignis' second swing.

It was a close call, a very close one. Even though Jin was fully concentrated on evading the incoming assault, it took everything from him to just barely step out of range.

The pressure is solid. Jin thought. I saw her use early aggression in pro matches before, but it's much more overwhelming in person. The offense is very polished. There's no hesitation in her attacks.

Ignis swung her blade time and again. Each slash was clean and sharp. This woman knew no fear.

In such a risky early game situation, where both sides were vulnerable to damage, Ignis had no problem throwing her everything into this offense. It was as foolish as it was brave.

No doubt, the woman trained a lot to develop such a fearless attitude. Either that, or she was a natural fool.

Either way, her offense successfully piled pressure on Jin. Mentally, he was exactly where his opponent wanted him to be.

This is one of the best things ever! Ignis grinned. Nobody ever expects a hardcore fight like this early on, so they're never ready. But, not me. I'm always ready. I've learned all these Lv.3 matchups, so I know exactly how far I can go and what I can get away with!

I wonder if she's looking down on me. Jin wondered as he barely stepped out of another attack. The offense is sharp but it hasn't achieved anything yet.

Despite the relentless assaults, Ignis hasn't landed a single hit on Jin. He successfully maintained his cool and juked the attacks as they came.

But, no matter how many times Jin proved this offense was futile, Ignis continued throwing attacks his way. It's like she had absolute confidence she had the upper hand here, as if Jin was a random weakling who couldn't do anything but let himself get bullied in lane.

In other words, she was totally looking down on him.

Do I let her continue? Jin pondered. I don't mind being underestimated for now if that eventually gives me an opening.

Against a pro player, any trickery was fair play. Even exploiting Jin's status, that of "just a kid", was perfectly fine here.

So, I'll take advantage of the way you underestimate me. Jin turned around to face the attacker.

He could've simply rolled deeper into his territory to get away, but he didn't. Instead, he stood face to face with the bold assaulter.

"Oh?" Ignis blinked. What's this? You challenging me, kid? Heh, you're ten years too young to even try that shit!