Vol.14 Ch.44: Surprise Recall

The Leopards were pouring their everything into a rushed assault on the Colossus. They probably still thought that Yuel, Lars, and Kai were pushing down in Bot.

If so, the Leopards were in for a surprise. The backdoor trio actually returned to base to deliver a surprise counterattack!

"Welcome back, warriors of purgatory!" Vincent greeted the brave heroes. It was unfortunate that he was the only one here to greet them, but such was the dire situation at hand.

Even though this was a 4v5 situation, the enemy team was clearly rushing here. As such, Stratus had more than enough opportunity to gain the upper hand.

They've even spent all their dangerous tools. Yuel analyzed the situation at hand.

Rook used his ult to kill Nia, Winner summoned all five of his drones, and Merlin used Hurricane on the Colossus. Just like that, the enemy team threw away three of their most dangerous tools. There was only one more dangerous tool that was possibly still on the table.

"Have their Monk used her ult?" Yuel asked.

"Non, not yet," Vincent reported. "It appears the TheTheorist is still in the middle of formulating the ultimate winning theory. She refuses to let go of her trump card so easily."

"I see." Yuel frowned. Smart play.

Unlike Droid's Assault Drones and Aeromancer's Hurricane, Asura Strike delivered all of its deadly damage in a burst. As such, there was no hurry to spend it early even as the enemy was rushing to seal the deal.

Most likely, Theorist was saving her ult until the Colossus was on its deathbed, that's when she'll finish it off in one fell swoop. Until then, she preferred to save it in case she'll need the Chakra for something else.

Even though they should be panicking, they're not slipping up. Yuel nodded in respect. Looks like turning the tables on them would be harder than I expected. But, we have no choice but to do it, here and now!

"Your top priorities are the Droid and the Monk," Yuel explained. "The Droid is self-explanatory. As for the Monk, she still hasn't used her ult, so it's best to eliminate her before she gets the chance to drop that burst on the Colossus."

"Okey-dokey!"

"Got it."

The trio rendezvoused with Vincent and the counterattack began! Will they be able to strike down the invaders and turn the game around? Everything was riding on this last line of defense! Only one team will walk away victorious from this battle.

"Kai, shoot your ult from the base," Yuel instructed.

"Wait, I'm not joining the fight?" Kai asked.

"We need to scatter them first. Your ult is the best for that."

"Okay, got it." Kai backed away deeper into the team's base, the safest place in their territory. Here, nobody would dare to assault her while she'll be providing artillery support.

"Vincent, once they scatter around, try to keep their Monk away from everybody, including the Colossus."

"Very well, it shall be done!" Vincent saluted.

"Just make sure you're careful. Your job is to make sure the Monk doesn't get a chance to ult anybody, which includes you, too."

"A difficult task, indeed." Vincent nodded in understanding. "Just to be clear, between stopping Theorist from ulting the Colossus and stopping her from ulting myself, which one possesses the higher priority?"

"Hrm..." Yuel frowned. The guy just had to ask such a difficult question during this complicated situation. "It'll depend on the Colossus's remaining HP, but if I had to say..."