Vol.13 Ch.25: The First Round in Top Goes To...!

Jin sliced through Ignis, then immediately used the Korean Step Cancel in order to retreat out of Ignis's attack range. This should've made Ignis whiff a counter-attack like before, but...

"You're not getting away, kid!" Ignis didn't retaliate right away. Instead, she charged straight at her opponent!

This KC shit is sure cool but it's not invincible. Ignis grinned. I've already figured it out. Yeah, I'm that smart!

She's catching up. Jin frowned.

Even though he used KC to cancel his recovery animation early, he had to step backward in order to get out of Ignis's superior attack range. Unfortunately, backpedaling was slower than running forward, such were the rules of this game.

Therefore, instead of retaliating right away, Ignis chose to run toward Jin. Within moments, she caught up and placed him back within her attack range. Then, she swung her big blade!

Good play. But, it's no problem. Jin simply turned around and rolled out of danger.

"Shit!" Ignis cursed. "This kid, I swear."

"My, are you having trouble against a middle schooler?" Esmeralda giggled.

"Nah, I'm just warming up," Ignis said. But seriously, what's up with this brat? I've never seen a kid who plays this smoothly. He moves like somebody who has been playing since birth. He's like a machine.

Ignis has been slowly adapting to the kid's KC shenanigans, but their contest nonetheless felt like an uphill battle for her. Yes, an uphill battle... for a pro against some brat. It was absurdity in the making.

Well, I'm just not used to playing against KC, that's all. Ignis stuck to that excuse. I'll mop the floor with this little shit once I adapt to his tricks.

And so, Ignis continued struggling to the best of her ability against this foreign technique. Each and every one of her blade swings was cautious and deliberate, aiming to bait her opponent into misplaying. She already figured one weakness KC had, so she just had to find a few more in order to corner this whippersnapper.

Unfortunately, Ignis's HP wasn't infinite. So, even though she has been getting better and better at responding to the kid's KC, Ignis was bound to run out of HP first. After all, she started this struggle at disadvantage. That damn KC caught her off-guard during the first time, so she paid dearly with her HP for that mistake.

At this point, she couldn't hold onto the lane for much longer, not with 30% HP remaining.

I'm already pushing it. Ignis smiled wryly. Against a real pro, I would've recalled at 40%. Tch. I just don't wanna lose to this kid, damn it! But, looks like he got me in the first round.

Swallowing her pride, Ignis had to concede defeat to the kid at this time. Retreating was embarrassing, but dying would be downright shameful.

"Hawk, get your ass over here," Ignis commanded. "I gonna recall, so you have to defend Top for a while."

"For real?" Hawk cracked a laugh. "You're recalling first? Against a middle schooler? Must be a cold day in hell."

"Hmph. This brat isn't half bad, I'll give him that. I'm also not used to playing against KC, so that doesn't help."

"Heh, you're making excuses against a kid?"

"You wanna get punched, bitch?"

"Haha, okay, okay." Hawk laughed. "I'm coming over."

"Make it quick."

"Man, you sure know how to ask for favors, don't you?"

"It's not a favor. I'm just telling you to do your job, junior."