Vol.11 Ch.26: The Ex-StormBlitz Monsters

Zeph returned to base, geared up, and healed up. Now, he was more than ready to defend Bot.

Though, it's not like I'll need to do much. He thought. I'm sure that scrub gonna run away like a pussy the moment I get over there.

"I'mma scare him away real quick, then I'll join y'all in Top," Zeph informed.

"Sounds good," Raymond approved. "Just be careful."

"Huh? Careful with what?"

"Don't underestimate Gunz," Raymond warned. "He's a league above everybody else in Stratus when it comes to fights."

"Wait, are you telling me he gonna stay and fight?"

"It's possible. That entire split-push is a very aggressive play. I won't surprise me if they try to keep it going even with you there."

"So basically, ya telling me they gonna underestimating me." Zeph grinned. "Fine by me. If he stays, I'mma freakin' destroy him!"

"Didn't I just ask you to be careful?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be careful," Zeph promised. Man, Ray is so pushy this game. It's like he's actually acting like a captain for once. I wish he was like this back when Bruce and the gang were causing mayhem. Taurus could've had such a strong team of seniors. Oh well.

This was no time to cry over spilled milk. Zeph had to wrap things up in Bot so he could join the offense in Top.

We gonna win this game soon, I feel it. So, I wanna be there when it happens.

Just a few more pushes and Stratus will crumble, and Zeph definitely was going to take a part in making that happen. But, before that, he had to deal with this pesky Gunslinger.

"Hey look, he's running away," Zeph said.

The Gunslinger was backing away, no doubt planning to flee the scene. But, then he just stopped, right outside the Golem's area. He didn't escape any farther. The guy straight up stopped there and waited.

"Okay, maybe he's staying after all," Zeph grimaced. For the better or the worse, Raymond's worries came true. This bastard is totally looking down on me, isn't he? Time to teach that scrub a lesson!

Zeph dashed forth. He ignored the enemy minions invading the Golem's area and went straight for the big fish. This Gunslinger gonna regret his arrogance! He's dead meat!

Come over here! Zeph hurled his axe. Once it connects, he'll pull the chain back and drag that arrogant Gunslinger into the Golem's area. One ezpz kill coming right up!

"Nope!" Lars rolled aside while staying inside the Golem's area.

"Damn, making me work for it..." Zeph clicked his tongue.

This would have been a great time to become Berserk and go all out on that Gunslinger's ass, but Zeph didn't have enough Rage meter for that. He spent almost all of it during the recent fight in Top.

All these minions are almost dead too, so I can't farm much Rage from them. Zeph couldn't find any shortcuts for turning Berserk. So, he had no choice but to fight as a regular bruiser, without the explosive strength of Berserk mode.

Meh, it's fine. I got the Golem on my side. Zeph fearlessly charged at his opponent. If you ain't gonna leave peacefully, then I gonna make you leave! Dead or alive, your choice.

But, no matter how intimidating Zeph considered himself to be in this situation, his opponent didn't flutter.

Okay, here it comes. Lars took a deep breath and sharpened his senses. His next play will be critical. It gonna expose what kind of player Lars was today.