Vol.11 Ch.17: Fear of the Beast

With Beat out of the picture, it was time to party hard on Mid!

"Okay, let's take the tower!" Jaiden ran toward the enemy's tower area.

"Yes, let's do it." Raymond also entered the tower area.

They had a full squad of minions tanking the tower's shots, so they were free to wreck the Turret to their hearts' content. Or, so they thought.

"Not so fast!" Lars emerged from the jungle, right behind Jaiden. BAM! HEADSHOT!

"Wha-!?" Jaiden jumped. "Already here!? Dang, that's not good!"

Terror gripped Jaiden, freezing him in place. It was the beast. The executioner. The deadeye sniper. Gunz was here! And, the beast was out for blood!

"W-We better pull away!" Jaiden rolled across the tower area, heading deeper into the lane. He had to get away, or else a combo of headshots will assault him- BAM! CRITICAL!

Another bullet, another headshot. Jaiden just recovered from the roll, but a bullet already found its way into his skull. It was amazing. Gunz's bullets were attracted to Jaiden's head like magnets. There was no escape from them.

Until Jaiden creates enough distance, he won't be safe. Nobody was safe against this raging phenomenon.

Yes, it was a phenomenon. That was no human being assaulting Jaiden right now. It was a natural phenomenon that created bullets and hammered them into people's skulls. That was the only way to describe Gunz's unnatural accuracy.

BAM! Another bullet. This one didn't hit Jaiden, but it clearly hit something. There was an impact sound and everything.

Did he miss me? Jaiden wondered. Nah, no way. That aimbot never misses.

Gunz must've hit something. But, what? Or rather, who? There was only one possible answer.

"Ray, you better get away from him!" Jaiden warned. As he feared, Raymond was much slower on the uptake.

Unlike Jaiden, who ran for his life at a moment's notice, Raymond retreated slowly and methodically, getting as many shots as possible on the Mid Turret on his way out. He didn't understand the gravity of this situation!

"Why are you so flustered?" Raymond's tone was eerily calm despite the terrifying situation. It's like he didn't register Gunz as a threat at all. "There are two of us here and Gunz is alone. We got the advantage."

"Well, yeah, but..." Logically, Jaiden understood that the odds should've been in their favor. However, hard as he tried, he couldn't shake off the sense of dread.

If I get within three meters of that monster, he gone tear me apart. Jaiden gulped. Fighting Gunz just once taught him a harsh lesson. It was impossible to combat this monster, or was it...?

"I'd really appreciate your help." Raymond stood up to the monster. He fired Squall, then immediately summoned a Jet Stream between himself and Gunz.

"Crap!" Lars rolled away in the nick of time. I've seen this setup like a hundred times today. Ya ain't hitting me with this crap again!

The moment Lars saw the Squall, he knew it gonna hit if he didn't move. Distance didn't matter against that setup. The Jet Stream granted Squall an unexpected boost and distance that caught Lars off-guard many times today. But, enough was enough.

Heck yeah, git rolled! Lars recovered from the roll and fired, aiming at Nirvana's head for that sweet critical damage. BAM! HEADSHOT! At least, it should've been...