Vol.13 Ch.19: The Korean Wonderboy

The Sweepers, a pro team belonging to the B-League. Even among the few B-League teams this region had, they were one of the weakest, only slightly ahead of the Falcons.

In the first place, the competitive level in this country wasn't very high. Therefore, a "B-League team" here was equivalent to a C-League team back at home, if not below that.

In other words, the Sweepers were basically at the bottom of the professional food chain.

I wonder how weak they're going to be. Such were Young-jin's idle thoughts as he headed into the building together with the coach.

"What's with the difficult face?" Rodriguez asked. "Getting nervous?"

"No," Jin answered evenly. "I worry they not very strong."

"Aren't you a cocky one." Rodriguez smiled meaningfully. "You know, most kids your age would be thankful for the opportunity to play with pros."

"That's not new. I played pros before."

"Right, you did, didn't you." Rodriguez nodded in understanding. For any ordinary kid, playing against the Sweepers was a golden opportunity. But, Young-Jin was far from ordinary.

"Oh, you're here!" An elderly man greeted them at the elevator, full of smiles. "So, you're the wonderboy I've heard about so much! Indeed, indeed. I can see potential oozing from you!"

"T-Thank you." Jin bowed weakly. "Potential"? What is this guy talking about...?

"I even heard you mastered the Chinese Step Cancel despite your young age! Is that true?"

"Um, yes, I guess..." Actually, it's called the KOREAN Step Cancel...

Frankly, Jin found himself a little overwhelmed by Ronshfelt's presence. The guy spouted so much nonsense with absolute confidence that it was difficult to confront him.

Jin burned with a desire to retort on every single thing Ronshfelt uttered, but it probably wasn't the smartest idea. After all, Ronshfelt was a figure of great importance. Therefore, Jin had to be on good terms with this clown of a man.

Fortunately, the coach came to his rescue soon enough.

"Long time no see." Rodriguez offered a hand, which the smiling man happily accepted.

"Fernando, my boy!" The man, Sebastian Ronshfelt, eagerly shook Rodriguez's hand. "Look how much you've grown!"

"I believe you said the same thing the last time I came here."

"Perhaps I did, perhaps I did."

"I doubt I've 'grown' at all since then. It was only a couple of months ago."

"Perhaps it was, perhaps it was. Nonetheless, the growth of young potential never ceases to amaze me!"

"I wouldn't call myself 'young' anymore."

"Perhaps." Ronshfelt nodded. "Nonetheless, for me, you'll always be a young aspiring pro. This is the place where you grew up, after all."

"In a way, I suppose," Rodriguez didn't argue with that. Though it was clearly an exaggeration, like most things to come out of Ronshfelt's mouth, there was some truth to the matter.

"So, what do you say?" Ronshfelt asked. "Would you like to return to the pro scene?"

"Sorry, but I'll have to decline. I have my hands full with coaching the future generations."

"Indeed you are, indeed you are." Ronshfelt nodded. "The 'regional champions', was it? Indeed, your high school team never fails to disappoint."

"It's middle school, actually."