Vol.10 Ch.22: Mid Trickshooter

『You have killed an enemy!』

"Haha, goteem!" Nash pumped a fist.

"Nice!" Jaiden nodded in approval. "Now, let's kill the Pyro too."

"Ya got it!" Nash did a 180 and ran at the Pyromancer. Double kill incoming!

"Whoa!" Luke jumped. The Lancer was running at him from the right, while the Gunslinger was approaching from the left. Crap, I gotta scram!

He turned around and dashed into the jungle. This was one heck of a scary situation. If he allows these guys get another kill here, it'll pretty much be GG. I hafta get out! Watch me go! I'm fast as fuck, boi!

Just as Luke thought that his Burning Spirit went out. The Movement Speed buff vanished. Weeeeeelp.

Damn, that Lancer might catch up to me. Luke gulped. But, it should be fine, right? As long as nothing gets in the way, I should be able to slip away with this lead. Yeah, as long as nothing gets in the way...

Unfortunately, something did. A roadblock appeared in the middle of the escape route. It was the enemy Cleric.

Normally, a Cleric would be wearing a white holy robe. However, this dude customized his Cleric to wear entirely black. He looked more like a Grim Reaper than a servant of God.

Just my luck. Did this guy revive and immediately go over here to block escape routes? These bruhs are hella organized, I'll give them that.

Running straight ahead meant crashing into the Cleric. So, it might be a good idea to switch directions. This part of the jungle was convoluted enough to offer multiple equally good escape routes. Luke just had to turn around and...

"Um, guys?" Luke cracked a dry laugh. "I don't feel so good..."

Picking another route wasn't an option, not at this point. The Lancer was approaching from the right flank, while the Gunslinger handled the left flank. They masterfully blocked Luke's alternative escape routes. These damn guys locked him inside a triangle!

So, this is what Vince meant by a "Triangle of Doom". Luke tried to maintain a confident smile, but he could already feel the Grim Reaper breathing on his neck.

No choice. Luke thought. I gotta break through one of these blockades.

Cleric, Lancer, or Gunslinger. Luke had to break through one of them if he wanted to get out of here alive.

Well, of course I'm picking the Cleric! Luke continued straight ahead. This wasn't even a dilemma. The Lancer and Gunslinger were dangerous dudes, but the Cleric couldn't cause much trouble alone. After all, Cleric had buffs and heals, but no CC. So, Laplace won't be able to stop Luke!

"Coming through!" Luke dashed right past the Cleric. A few basic attacks hit him along the way, but it was no big deal. Luke broke through the blockage with ease! Or, so he thought.

The Cleric, clad in an ominous black robe, unleashed a dark spell befitting his edgy attire. A big skull appeared in the air, spreading ghastly miasma around the Cleric. It was Paralyzing Horror, a Utility Skill that applied a heavy slowdown to all enemies in range!

It was most commonly picked by tanky Supports because the miasma spread in a circle around the caster. To make the most out of Paralyzing Fear, the caster had to venture deep into the enemy's formation, so he could hit as many enemies as possible at once.

As such, it was a rather niche Utility Skill for a Cleric, maybe even meme level. Nevertheless, this dude went for it, and it worked!

Man, that's the last thing I expected to happen! Luke exclaimed internally. So much for "it gonna be easy to get past the Cleric." I'm screwed!