Vol.14 Ch.32: 2v2 in Mid

With AbsoluteChallenger joining the battle in Mid, things turned for the worse for Yuel and Kai. Now, they found themselves falling behind in terms of clearing speed.

Therefore, Yuel had to launch a preemptive attack before the enemy push them back.

"I'd like to mess up the lane formation if you don't mind," Yuel said.

"By how much, exactly?" Kai asked.

"By as much as possible, to be honest. I want to get the minions outside the range of their AoE spells."

A duo of Aeromancer and Lumimancer was quite devastating when they joined hands to clear minions. Both of them summoned an AoE area that delivered damage over time. The Aeromancer cast his Whirlwind while the Lumimancer cast Ray of Light.

The two circles had similar radii, so they could've easily overlapped on top of each other to converge into one AoE. However, the enemy duo made things more complicated on purpose. They didn't align their AoE at all.

Merlin cast his Whirlwind in the middle of the minion formation, right between the swordsmen and the bowmen. Meanwhile, Challenger cast his Ray of LIght on the frontline of both sides, dealing damage to Kai's swordsmen while healing Merlin's swordsmen.

Surely, they spread out their fire on purpose, to make it that much harder to approach anywhere near that scene. Therefore, Yuel absolutely had to ruin this setup before it had a chance to get out of hand.

"Well, we don't really have a choice, do we?" Kai sighed.

"Will you be fine farming during chaos?"

"... yeah, no problem." There was an odd pause at the start there, but Kai nonetheless continued reassuring. "C'mon, what do you take my Bomber for? I know how to play the class."

"Okay, then I'll aggro them."

"Knock yourself out."

And so, Yuel cast Gaia's Protection on himself and stepped into the raging whirlwind. The raging typhoon assaulted him at once, but it only burned away at his shield. Meanwhile, his HP remained perfectly intact.

Nonetheless, the allied minions didn't appreciate this interaction. They now treated Merlin as an offender who hurt one of their commanders, so this crime couldn't go unpunished.

And so, the minions shifted their focus toward the criminal mage. The entire brigade took their feet and hurried to invade enemy territory.

This turn of events immediately put the enemy on the spot.

"Not this shit again." Ronald sighed. "Man, this bruh just likes suiciding on spells. Word."

"It's not a suicide if he doesn't take any damage," Matthew pointed out. "And, it's not a real problem as long as we stay in our current positions."

Even though Stratus' swordsmen marched onward, their bowmen trailed behind. As a result, they remained inside the AoE of the damaging spells for quite some time. So, they were bound to reach the Leopards' territory with almost no HP, if any at all.

"We just need to get rid of the swordsmen," Matthew concluded.

"Yeah, let's kill these cocky dudes. Who do they think they are, invading against pros like us, right?"

Matthew cast Jet Stream in front of them, creating a current of wind that blew in direction of the incoming minions.

With the preparations in place, the two of them focused their basic attacks on the incoming swordsmen. Unfortunately, they dealt meager damage.

"Man, mages' basic attacks suck!" Ronald pouted. "Buffs when, CashSoft?"

Despite the low damage, this was the best tool they could use at the moment. Of course, Ronald could go for Blinding Light as he has done before in Bot, but that'll be a huge MP sink. He has already learned the hard way how precious MP was during such exchanges.