The City of Love...

Song for the Chapter is..... Six Feet Under by Billie Eilish

As soon as I started this one-shot, I couldn't stop. I hope ya'll enjoy it, it's actually quite long. You'll see it at the bottom lol. But enjoy!!

It was always Peter, MJ, and Ned. If you saw one, the other two were always close by. Everyone always assumed the spider and badass would become a thing, especially after Ned became an item with Betty. The two teens obviously had feelings for each other, but both were painfully naive and oblivious to the other's interest. They kept a close bond for years, Ned and MJ both getting an internship at the tower. Peter was announced as the heir to Stark Tower and the curly-haired female was in training to become CEO after Pepper retires. The three remained closer than ever and even invented a few helpful types of machinery for hospitals and such. They were the brightest young minds to work at the building and were obviously climbing ranks quickly. Now, here they were at the age of 25 sitting through a wedding rehearsal and Peter sat uneasily.

"Thank you to everyone who joined our wedding party." MJ announced as she stood at the head table and Ned stared at Peter with pity. "As you all know, the wedding is in a week and I am looking forward to marrying the love of my life." It was a sweet gesture and the married-couple-to-be shared loving glances. Everyone made an 'aw' sound and Ned looked down.

"Now, time for words from the best men and bridesmaids. I believe Peter has also made a speech on behalf of my bride?" The doe-eyed man looked up as he was mentioned and forced a smile. He nodded and the spider could see right through the facade Brad had put up.

That's right. Brad Davis and MJ ended up together since Peter never acted upon his feelings (End Game and Infinity War never happened) and Brad took his shot. Over time, MJ had given into Brad's constant attempts and though she didn't want to go, she didn't regret the decision. Then they continued to talk as they were in college, separate colleges, of course, she went to MIT and he went to NYU. They talked non stop and after MJ graduated, she moved back for her job at the tower and the two began to date. Throughout that time, Peter had been on the sidelines, but the plus side was that he went to college with her and Brad didn't. When they were in college, she'd cuddle with him as they did in high school when Peter was dating Gwen and the two were just friends. They'd have movie nights, late-night talks, they'd cry together, laugh together and have fun in college. Oftentimes, MJ would embarrass herself around Peter since they lived together in an apartment around campus, and let's just say, she was embarrassed A LOT the first few months, she'd forget they lived together. You can only imagine the awkwardness that went down in that apartment when they forgot their living situation.

Anyway, they dated for a few years and Brad proposed. He ended up going to school to become a doctor and is currently a resident at the New York hospital. He was rich and loved to show it off, though he didn't around MJ. Everyone knew she hated flashy things and show-offs. However, when she wasn't around and Peter was alone with Brad, he'd brag about being rich and blah, blah, blah; the news of Peter being the heir to Tony's company or being his son not yet leaked to the media, only announced to certain people and otherwise kept quiet. Peter would just roll his eyes and wish the beauty would come back. After the spider broke up with Gwen in college, he hasn't dated anyone. He knew he only wanted MJ, but he couldn't tell her. No matter how much he loved her or how much he knew Brad didn't deserve such a beauty, he couldn't- wouldn't ever ruin her happiness. As long as she was happy, he'd suffer and watch her smile because of someone else; wishing it was him.

"Peter?" Ned whispered, everyone staring at the curly-haired man, and MJ was staring at her best friend with hidden concern. The spider looked around and raised an eyebrow. "It's your turn for a speech, man." Peter nodded, a lump in his throat and he stood. He looked around and then locked eyes with Tony who was invited along with the team by MJ herself, everyone seemed pretty amazed when they showed up. Tony glanced at the bride to be and raised an eyebrow. Peter swallowed the lump and hesitantly looked at his best friend who is soon to be married. She had concerned eyes and Peter took a deep breath, giving a weak smile.