If You Wake Up...

Song of the Chapter is.... Sippy Cup By Melanie Martinez!

Everyone remained silent as they mulled over the story just told and Harley held a glare towards all the adults. They were so quick to assume it was Peter's fault and he couldn't get over how broken his brother looked as they betrayed him. Never would Harley have thought the team would turn against the spider so quickly and despite recent events along with his avoidance of everyone, the younger teen couldn't find any reason for the verbal attack. He wasn't sure how out of hand it would've gotten if he didn't interrupt and he shook his head at that thought. No one ever wants to believe their family has malice or the means to insult a member unprovoked and that is exactly how Harley feels. However after what he and his brother just went through, the spider didn't deserve the onslaught of accusations that were sent his way and Harley pulled his older brother closer while Bruce worked on his other wounds. Due to his stubbornness, the young teen wouldn't let anyone else touch the teen in his arms and Bruce was one of the only ones to understand that.

"How bad is the wound on his chest?" The beloved scientist asked with concern as he looked into Harley's eyes and finished wrapping Peter's arm.

The young teen looked to the ground as realization set in and he hesitantly pulled his brother away from his body. Peter whimpered from the sudden lack of contact and his face contorted in pain. His eyes opened, immediately locking gazes with his brother for a split second before his eyes squeezed shut and Harley's frown deepened. His gaze lingered on his older brother's pained face for a few moments more before his eyes trailed down to his injured area and his eyes were as wide as saucers, if not wider. The web he used to stop the bleeding was beginning to dissolve and the wound was still oozing out blood. Harley couldn't form any words and even if he could, none were coming to mind. At a loss of words, he looked up to his uncle with fearful eyes and Bruce's brows furrowed in concern. Walking to stand next to his nephews, he moved until he was seeing the same thing as his youngest nephew and his reaction was the same as Harley's. The scientist attempted to grab the spider, but the teen just cuddled into his younger brother and the arms around his shoulders slightly tightened. Peter was faintly shaking and his brother's concern for the spider's health was growing in size.

"Peter, you have to let Uncle Bruce check out your-" Harley began to whisper into his ear as he made sure no one could hear his words and he was cut off by the male in his arms.

"No-no." He stammered as his voice sounded strained and his trembling increased.

"Please, you need to get that looked at... You don't sound nor look too good and who knows how much blood you've lost."

"I do-don't want to... Go...." His voice was getting weaker and so was his strength to keep his eyes open. (I swear, when I originally wrote this I wasn't even trying to the reference, but uh.... It happened? Sorry peeps)

"Harls, I have to treat his wounds or-"

"No-no!" Despite his declining health, Peter managed to cut his uncle off with the loudest yell he could manage at the moment and that seemed to snap the rest of the team out of their thoughts. All eyes were on the two teens who were still in the center of the room on the floor and the scientist who was watching with increasing concern.

"Please let someone take a look at your wound... Please, Peter.." Harley begged as his voice wavered and this time everyone could hear him. Tony furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and kept his eyes on his two children.

"You-you... I want you to....." The spider murmured in his brother's ear before going completely limp and the young teen was quick to action. He positioned Peter so he was laying properly in his arms and struggled a bit to stand without causing further injury.