I'm Gonna Kill Him...

Song of the Chapter is.... Hard Sometimes By Ruel!

Hello, long time no post. Um, decided to make a one shot to distract those who watched No Way Home from the pain. Hope y'all like it!

Peter and Harley grew up together as Tony Stark adopted Harley when he was 7 years old. The two were always inseparable and you couldn't find one without the other. As they aged together, their brother-like bond grew stronger and even though they were 2 years apart, the spider would invite his younger brother wherever he went. The boy's first true friend was Ned who Peter met in his early school years (Harley is a year behind him) and even as Harley entered his first year of high school, Peter introduced him to MJ. The four became great friends and would hang around the tower causing mayhem. However, when Peter started to date Elizabeth Toomes, everything changed.

MJ and Ned would hang out with Harley when Peter left him to go with Liz and despite all four of them being close, it felt off without the older Stark teen. The three had an unbelievable bond and missed Peter. The doe eyed teen would always blow them off and sometimes would even skip hanging out with the group. The person hurt most by the blow offs was Harley as the spider would barely be home between going on patrol and hanging out with Liz. Currently, the teens were in school and the bell just rang for lunch. Harley was the first to arrive, rushing to the group's usual table and keeping his eyes glued to the door Peter normally comes in from. Soon, MJ and Ned arrived to find the youngest of their group staring like he's been doing for the past few weeks. The two sat down and the brunette slightly jumped, turning partial attention to the new arrivals.

"Is he ditching us again?" A frown was on his face and he tried not to look ready to have a breakdown. The brothers haven't talked or really seen each other for weeks and not for lack of trying on the youngest brother's part. Peter would ignore Harley and even go out of his way to make sure they didn't see each other.

"I don't know yet, Harley. He hasn't even come into the lunchroom yet." MJ explained with a sympathetic smile. Though she also felt hurt over the doe eyed teens avoidance, her heart always felt more pain when she saw the younger teen's face and how much it hurt the boy to see his brother so distant.

"Look over there." Ned nodded his head to the popular table where Peter was putting his stuff down and talking to Liz. Harley's head snapped over and as soon as his eyes landed on the doe eyed teen, his eyes went back to the table.

"He- I'm gonna kill him." MJ growled and Ned pulled her back.

"You can't do that! He's our best friend!" Ned exclaimed and MJ glared.

"So he can hurt Harley, but I can't hurt him?! Just let go-" MJ cut off after slamming her hand on the table as Harley walked away and Ned let go of her. The young teen hesitantly approached the popular table and took a deep breath.

"Peter, can I talk to you?" Harley was surprised and proud when his voice didn't crack from all the staring. Doe eyes met his and Peter tilted his head.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he discreetly skimmed his younger brother for any visible injury and Harley froze, then shook his head.

"No, can we just- go outside and talk?" Harley asked and Peter frowned, sighing.

"Can we talk later-" The spider was cut off as the younger teen shook his head and interrupted him.

"No. See, this is what I wanted to talk to you about. You never spend time with MJ, Ned or me anymore and we're supposed to be best friends. You're my older brother overall and we haven't had a decent conversation in over 2 months, Peter! You need to stop blowing m-us off." Harley was breathing heavily, fist clenched and Peter sighed.