An Almost Kind Of Thing....

Song of the Chapter is... Everything Has Changed by Ed Sheeran Ft. Taylor Swift

When light hit the wooded area, the spider woke in temporary confusion and looked around. Next to him, leaning against the tree was Bucky and his eyes were closed. A small smile took over Peter's lips as the winter soldier looked so peaceful and his eyes trailed down to the soldier's shirtless body. The spider's face flushed at the sight of his abs and his insecurities started to kick in. The man in front of him was fine as hell, while the brunette barely had an eight pack and was skinny as fuck. Those 'faults' are attributed to his abilities and though he felt some type of way, his eyes locked onto his ankle. The tourniquet was all bloodied and appeared to be tampered with. Recalling the events of last night, Peter's head lowered more and he felt horrendous. Not only did he impossibly injure himself falling into a lake, it happened in front of the sleeping figure against the tree and Bucky had to help by taking off his shirt. Taking a look around, his eyes snapped open wide when he saw a few animals surrounding them and a fox was laying right next to the war veteran. The long haired assassin began to stir in his sleep and Peter started internally freaking out.

"S-Spider?" His voice was soft as one eye opened and the other followed, doe brown clashing with clear blue orbs. Bucky looked down and smiled kindly at the baby fox next to his nonmetal arm. He carefully moved his hand to pet the ball of orange beside him and the adorable animal unfurled.

"Are you okay?" It was odd as the injured arachnid had asked the unharmed man and the soldier paused his movement with a shocked gaze.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Color flooded the younger's face as he realized Bucky was right and he shook his head from thoughts. "Hey, how's your ankle?"

"It's better, thank you.." It was a meek response as the spider was embarrassed and his head was lowered. The doe eyed man kneeled down and unraveled the cloth around his ankle. Light rustling was heard as he did so and the spider paid no mind, keeping his attention on anything that wasn't a certain Winter Soldier.

"Hey, let me take a lo-" Bucky was cut off as he lost his footing once near the doe eyed brunette and tripped, falling with the man in his arms. At the last minute, the soldier turned the two men and fell on his back with Peter on top of him.

"Are you alright?" Peter whispered breathless as the wind was knocked out of him in the fall and his head was right in Bucky's ear.

"I'm okay." It took a second before Peter pulled back and stared down at the man below him. The white wolf was only 2 inches taller than the spider (Bucky is 6' and Peter is 5'10) and their bodies meshed perfectly together. The arachnid's petite frame was small enough to fit the broad frame of the man on the ground. Their eyes were locked as nothing, but the sound of animals filled the atmosphere and it was only the two of them. "I-I uh, I'm sorry. Again.." A chuckle left both of their mouths as this was the second time Bucky has caused the smaller male to fall.

"Thank you for taking the impact of the fall this time." It went silent and the two sat there, staring at each other. Peter's eyes trailed to Bucky's lips, as the winter soldier followed his actions and distance began to close. Just as their lips were inches apart, Peter pulled back and hid his immediate regret. He stood from his position and looked at the confused war hero.

"Is something-" Peter shook his head rapidly as he forced a smile and offered a hand to help the soldier stand.

"We should head back before pops and dad start to think something has happened." Before the man could respond, the spider was already walking away and with a sigh, Bucky followed a distance behind. He was still confused at what had happened and figured it was probably him, he probably did something wrong; he always does.