The Winter Soldier's Part In Peter's Breakdown..

Song of the Chapter is.... Numb Little Bug by Em Beihold

Bucky left everyone, ignoring their questions as he wanted to return to Bruce as soon as possible and hopefully get back before the teens woke up. They originally tried to follow the winter soldier, but Bucky stopped them immediately and caused an uproar among the adults. As far as he was concerned, none of the adults in front of him had the right to see his nephews after their actions and it would be both his nephews' decision whether or not they wanted the others around. Hell, if the two woke up and said they wanted both Bruce and Bucky to leave, they'd do so and still conceal their location. On the way back to the three males, the soldier was deep in thought and worry still plagued his mind. Due to the boys being in each other's embrace all night, every one of their injuries were obscure and besides the couple instances where the two woke up during the night, their bodies were covered by each other along with the blanket. The only other hint to how serious their injuries are is the bloodied medical supplies and the visible injuries, though Bruce knew more of the spider's wounds because Harley refused to get looked at before his brother.

Eventually, Bucky returned and handed Bruce his coffee, casting his eyes to the side looking at his nephews. Both of them were still asleep and for good reason, it was only 6am. For teens who never sleep, the adults knew they needed and deserved the rest after everything they've been through. Despite the men being busy and not seeing the teens very often the past couple months, their uncles knew more than they let on. For instance, neither of the men truly believed Peter when he tried to excuse the fights Spider-Man had and considering everyone in the compound knew of the drift with the brothers, Bruce was shocked that the teen didn't come to him. Up until a couple months ago, the scientist knew that his youngest nephew was taking care of his older brother and that gave Bruce the feeling of relief knowing someone would be taking care of the stubbornly selfless spider when he got injured on patrol. 

Of course, knowing that Harley was still young and not too experienced in medical care, the scientist kept his eyes and ears out for any news on the spider. Bruce wanted to be ready if there was a wound that needed more experienced medical help and he tried to stay in the compound as much as possible for such emergencies. Everything changed about a month ago when he noticed the brothers barely talking to each other and the scientist was a bit wary at first, but wrote it off as a normal sibling argument. When the distance between the teens grew worse, unfortunately Bruce was almost always busy and barely had time to check on his nephews, let alone sleep. He didn't realize how bad the problem had gotten and like the others, he thought it would be resolved soon. Despite the obvious tension between the two, never would Bruce think that Harley would stop aiding his brother's wounds and figured the spider only went to his brother when he sustained serious damage in a fight.

The adults turned their attention to Harley and Peter as there was movement in the corner of their eyes. They were happy to see the teens waking up and noticed the first to get up was Harley. He yawned as his eyes opened and as he glanced at his brother. Carefully moving the brunette to the flat flooring, the young teen began to examine all the injuries on his older brother and hesitantly peeled back the bandage stained with dried blood. A grateful smile took over the young teen's face and a huge weight lifted off their uncle's shoulders from the reassurance. As Harley's eyes looked up, they locked gazes with his uncles and his smile slightly dropped. The scientist waved and raised his eyebrows, eyes darting around the bloodied bandages around him as well. His arms were covered in disgusting looking gauzes and there was a bandage on his cheek that was protruding further than usual. As the three had a stare down, none of them realized the spider was awaking on the floor and staring up at his brother. Following Harley's gaze, he saw the two men he trusted most out of everyone on the team and felt all eyes fall on him.