It Should've Been Me...

"Here's the thing, I wanna know more about you and I wanna hear everything you have to say.. I wanna know what makes you tick, what makes you smile, what makes you sad. What's your favorite food, favorite song currently, favorite artist that you listen to and never get sick of? I wanna know your thoughts, your dreams, what you want in your future and what you regret in the past. I wanna know every little thing that people usually overlook, because that makes you the person I adore. I wanna know every single thing about you and I want to be the person you entrust your secrets to. Sure, it seems straightforward and a bit overwhelming, but in order to have any type of connection, conversations need to be more than just a 'hey, what's up' or 'Yea, I'm just bored'."

There he was, pouring his heart out to the person he's been after for years and holding her hand as he opened his very broken heart. Her hand wasn't as soft as you'd think and her hair was a complete mess. His eyes were bright with tears and his smile a bit broken, every word he spoke pushing him closer to the edge. He knew she probably didn't feel the same and he knew the conversation was most likely meaningless. It wasn't like she was listening to anything he says to begin with. There she was, in her own little world; unbothered and not a care in the world.

"I want to know what you like to do other than draw and read. I want to know what song you hate most, which movie is your favorite, what you want to work as once we graduate. I wanna know everything about you.." Tears started to fall and hit the tiled floor, silent sobs filling the silence. He had to let her know, he couldn't keep it bottled inside and right now he didn't care how stupid he looked. People could laugh and call him names if they wanted, but he finally got everything off his chest. Except... it doesn't really count, does it? He just spilled out his entire heart, leaving nothing unsaid and she couldn't hear any of it.

"Please... please open your eyes, say something.. Anything.." He tried to keep a distance, to let her live her life on her own, especially after the incident. However, they had already known about her and though he tried to, he couldn't protect her either. The bullet hit her lung and now she was in a coma, with the smallest possibility of surviving. "Just wake up and tell me to leave. Scream at me and tell me that I'm the reason Ned isn't here... Tell me... Yell at me how much you hate me, how much you don't want to see me again and how it should've been me instead."

Her parents were back from deployment and have been here nonstop, which would be the reason he had to come at night dressed as his alter-ego. He had to sneak in, but it wasn't much of a problem thanks to his suit and he had Friday hack the security cameras just in case. It's been months since her eyes held the sarcasm they always had or that smirk as if she knew something no one else did. Of course, she probably did since she was MJ and she always had a way of finding things out that no one wants brought to light. After all, she had discovered his identity and that was just how she was. She was always so quiet that you didn't hear her coming and since she always had a book in her hand, people normally assumed she wasn't paying attention, but trust me.. She always was, especially when it came to her two- one... One ex- favorite nerd.

"It should've been me." She hadn't even looked at Peter since that day and the spider didn't blame her. He was the reason the incident occurred and he was also the reason she was in the hospital right now. He let them get too close to his side job and now, they- she was paying the price. He could remember the day their lives changed as if it were yesterday and those memories not only haunt his dreams, but they cloud his thoughts everyday.

?????????? Flashback Brought To You By The Author Adding More To An Old One Shot She Never Finished In Her Other One Shot Book ???????????????

%%%%%%% Peter %%%%%%%%

"This is all your fault!" She screamed and pulled away as I reached out to her.