Short Update + Authors Note

The funeral of Mary and Richard Parker was a small gathering as the couple usually kept to themselves and there were only five people in full attendance; May, Ben, Pepper, Tony, and Peter. The billionaire took care of all the expenses and made sure the wake was exclusive for the family. Despite originally declining, the doe eyed child's uncle insisted Pepper and Tony come say their final goodbyes. After all, the late couple considered their bosses friends and vice versa, having worked at Stark Tower for a countless amount of years. Throughout the ceremony, the females couldn't stop their tears as the men held their respective women to them and tried their hardest to comfort the two. Peter remained silent almost the entire time causing the adults to momentarily forget about him and the doe eyed child was left to wander the room, not wanting to burden anyone around. The 7 year old shortly found himself leaving the main room and walked out into the reception area, sitting on the bench by the entrance/exit. Glancing around to make sure no one noticed or was around, brown curls covered his eyes and his head lowered to face the floor. Tears pricked his eyes and he made sure to remain quiet as he heard a sound nearby, but didn't move from his position.

"Peter?" The voice was familiar, but the doe eyed child stayed still and squeezed his eyes tightly shut to stop the tears from falling. "Pete?"

"Yes-yes?" Discreetly wiping his eyes before the man got any closer, the child's head snapped up and his eyes were still covered by his hair.

"Why'd you come out here and not tell any of us?"

"I-I was looking for-for the bathroom and-" as Peter was coming up with his excuse, a traitorous tear slipped down his cheek and he was pulled into a tight embrace, effectively cutting him off.

"It's okay to cry." The doe eyed teen shook his head while buried in the man's shirt and though his smell was quite comforting, the child still couldn't let his grief take over. He couldn't risk his aunt and uncle seeing or they'd be worried about him instead. "I'll hide you, kid. Just let it out and I promise, I won't let anyone else see you vulnerable."

With the promise spoken with such sincerity and unexpected kindness, Peter could see no reason to hold in the sadness begging to be released. Tears sprang to his eyes as if commanded by the man holding him and the child gripped the giant shirt in his small hands, keeping quiet so as to not attract any possible attention. Tony held the boy as he shook and cried, but was shocked by the silent sobs. The billionaire carefully sent his CEO a text using his watch, doing his best to not startle the doe eyed child and explained that he had Peter. He couldn't understand why the kid didn't want to cry in front of anyone and didn't see it necessary to explain that to Pepper quite yet, so he sent the message with minimal information.

$$$$$$$$ Will Uncle Ben And May Die In This One Shot Or Will They Live??? $$$$&&$

The year following his parent's death, Peter spent more time at Stark Tower as his Uncle Ben was employed shortly after the funeral and his Aunt May went back to her nursing duties. Tony took an interest in the child after the funeral and would often steal him from Pepper when the man and his nephew came to the building. The billionaire would sneak off to his lab with Peter either in his arms or walking quickly behind. It seemed odd to everyone that the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist Tony Stark would be so affectionate to a child and it even shocked his best friends to a degree. They knew the billionaire most likely felt empathy for the kid since he lost his parents to a car accident and although he was a lot older when he lost his parents, he could see a lot of himself in the doe eyed child.

As the time flew by, Ben earned himself a spot as top inventor in the tower and May, who has been head nurse for a few years now, had gotten a raise. The Parkers were wealthy, but it didn't change how they lived and money never mattered to the doe eyed child. Peter surely had an interest in inventing and he was obsessed with science, traits clearly passed on by his parents. It became such a habit of going over to the Stark tower that he would get sad to leave and was invited to sleep over on weekends upon seeing the sad child. Both couples were the designated godparents and despite the biological genes shared on one side, the group decided on shared custody. Peter would spend week days at his aunt's and uncle's, then he would come over to the tower and stay with the billionaire over the weekend. It was discovered one night late in the summer during a particularly harsh storm that the doe eyed child was terrified of storms and Tony was the first to acknowledge.

The young child was amazing at hiding his problems and it was no wonder why. Although his parents showed him more than enough love when alive, Peter always sensed their urgency when it came to their work and at the age of seven he came to the conclusion that he would stay out of his parents way as much as possible. Such an odd decision, especially coming from a young child and almost unbelievable, but still true. Unless it was important, Peter learned to basically take care of himself and so when everyone became busy around him, he was usually in his room at either place. Despite their schedules, all four adults always made time for the child and never made him feel alone throughout the couple years spent together.

                           Word Count: 996

Authors note: Hiya! I know its been a while and I'm not sure who's still reading, but I finally got over writers block (and caught up to one piece) and hope to post more.