A Pointless Battle...

Song of the Chapter is... Fire N Gold by Bea Miller!

A/N: Hai! So, uh, sorry for the interruption. I don't know if my book has died out or if this story just isn't too appealing, but uh... There are pictures after the word count, I just can't say what they're pictures of right now... Hope you enjoy and sorry for the interruption!

Happiness spread through the land as spring came and flowers began to bloom. At the age of 18, a gorgeous princess could be seen in the royal garden and no one else was around. Unlike the fairytale you're used to, this princess wasn't dancing around in the blossoming plants and she surely wasn't just smelling the spring air. A branch fell as she gracefully sheathed her sword and her eyes closed. A sound softly in the distance was heard as the princess was taking in some breaths and she discreetly prepared for a fight. After planning an attack strategy in her head, the princess was across the garden and close to the border of the forest. She landed on a branch high above and as she was looking around, a man hanging upside down by his feet on a branch above her scared the girl. Her foot slipped and the man grabbed her hands, pulling her to him as he swung his body upright on the wood.

"Really Goddess? I thought you would be prepared for anything by now." It was a teasing manner and the female turned scarlet, head turned to the side in a pout.

"I was- I am! It's-it's just you...." She trailed off, holding her breath and deciding to leave it at that. However, the curly-haired teen found it fun and adorable to make her turn red. He grinned and grabbed her chin, turning her to look at him.

"I...?" He continued, both entranced by the other and for a moment... The feeling was blissful. Peter moved his hand from beneath her chin to now caress the princess' cheek and her cheeks turned light pink, mouth open slightly due to the shocks emitting from his touch. A sudden voice made the two jump and they turned invisible, Peter's magic racing to protect him.

"Princess Michelle, are you out here?" It was the guard James and the princess held her breath. The king wanted an audience with her and time flew by. Though under an invisibility spell, the teens could still see each other and Peter looked upset. With more duties as prince of the forest, he could barely visit his Goddess and now his time would be cut short. The princess hesitantly placed her hand on the side of Peter's face, a small smile placed on her face.

"It's okay... Meet me by the lake further down at midnight." She whispered as she kissed his cheek and left the tree silently, appearing in front of James a few minutes later. He jumped and held a hand over his heart as she snuck up on him and she smirked, rolling her eyes. "For a royal guard, you sure do get scared easily."

"Where did you-" He sighed and shook his head, looking around the garden cautiously. "Your father is requesting your presence now." She nodded, a solemn look taking over the smirk she previously held and she followed the man to her room, changing into a royal gown before facing her father. Upon entering the throne room, the two bowed and the princess looked up at her father in the flesh for the first time through her lashes. Before today, she had only seen the king in paintings and small glances when she was growing up.

&&&&&&&&&& Time Skip Brought To You By The Princess Now Having A Name &&&&&&&&&&&

Peter swung through the trees, taking his time to get to the lake and enjoying the freedom he had. He left early because he was anxious and wanted to see his Goddess as soon as possible. Tonight, he would confess his feelings for the princess and finally reveal his name. Though it wasn't of importance at first, the true reason Peter never shared who he truly was is that he was scared and for good reason.