The Trio Reunite

Song of the chapter is... Shameless by Colorblind

Coming back to the Avenger's compound after being away for so long felt strange and as if something that had been missing for a while has now returned. This place was always a second home to the soldier who had finally returned and if it weren't for the imposing problem weighing on everyone's shoulders, the reunion would be one to be celebrated. As the youngest of the trio made his way through the building, his eyes lingered on the multiple pictures on the wall and a small smile graced his lips. Many were of the three friends goofing off, while others were of his best friend and his acquired family. It is true that Ned was Bruce Banner's protegee, yet he spent plenty of time with Rhodey and he was the one that got the brunette into the military the same time Peter left on his mission. Due to the amount of time spent here in his teen years, he knew the building like the back of his hand adding ease to finding his way around and slowly he made his way to the infamous lab of his best friend.

"The soldier has returned to us!" Ned managed to miss a couple swings from the wooden swords, but he couldn't dodge the last two and received a hit to his stomach. As he fell to one knee from the force, he glared at the tree humans gathered around him and all of them had a smirk on their faces. The two females held old, beaten up toy swords and the fallen man's eyes landed on the spider behind his pain. In the hero's hand was a prototype of the lightsaber Ned and he had worked on a while back.

"You fuckers. You realize we're almost 30, right?" As he spoke, a smirk tugged at his lips and he dashed to the corner of the room, stopping in front of his old desk. After reaching underneath the table, he turned with a lightsaber to match the Peter's and an ear splitting grin took over his face. "Now bitches, we fight!"

"Hold it! Why do you guys get the cool weapons?" Shuri smirked and pulled out a pair of her own lightsabers. "Good thing I brought these."

The group of children- adults, played with their lightsabers for a few hours and Peter was back to his old self. During his 5 year long mission, he had witnessed a lot of grief and disaster. Being with his friends, playing and ignoring the world was one of the many things he needed. Once they finished joking around, they grabbed the bean bags scattered around the lab and lounged around. They caught up on what happened while five years had passed and the very few stories Peter could bring himself to share was nothing of happiness, bringing the others to tears. He had been through so much in life before he ever took the mission and the assignment he was given only added to the horrible things the doe eyed man had to witness. (Um... 15 votes and maybe 20 comments for a one shot of the 5 year mission Peter went on..)

"How do you do it, man?" Ned was the first to have the advantage over speech and spoke the words on everyone's mind. The spider looked down and forced his tears to remain at bay. With all the energy and sincerity he could muster, he raised his head with a small smile.

"You four, my family, and those who need a hero to save them. The entire time, I never forgot about those who I love and who love me." Ned pulled the vulnerable man into a tight hug and wasn't planning on letting go for a while. He knew the mission wouldn't be great, but he never would've guessed all the horror and trauma it would bring. He could feel his best friend hurting and shivering in his arms.

Peter had been strong for far too long and everything crumbled being surrounded by the three main people who kept him sane for the past five years. The first two people to accept him and the person who had welcomed him within the first 5 seconds of meeting each other. He always felt safe with them and for that of many reasons is why he finally let it all out. With all that has happened since he returned, his reaction was to push his family away until he came to terms with his experience and then he wouldn't break down as bad as he is right now. He was shaking in his best friend's arms and Ned was just holding him. It wasn't in any way romantic and the two were brothers, this was a usual thing. Even in high school, Ned would calm Peter whenever he was getting overwhelmed or anything that caused the spider to become like this. Of course, that didn't stop Peter from stepping in when Flash would come and it didn't deter him from taking the beating either. The two males always had each other's backs and MJ smiled as she watched the two idiots she called her best friends. (Should I Do A One Shot Of Ned Comforting Peter In A Sensory Overload Or Something..?)