#9- For The Greater Good

"No, take me instead!" That voice. Tiny and broken. Fear and concern taking over the person's emotions and blood dripped to the floor. It was dry and airy in the hideout and the darkness added to the panic. His heart was racing and he fought to keep his hand steady. He knew not to show them fear and for a while, he hadn't. Once they disclosed that they had someone close to him in the basement... That was when everything took a turn for the worst and he couldn't help hating himself for the events that happened next.

$$$$$$$ Bringing the day back for 24 hours and showing what happened to hopefully keep you enticed $$$$$$$$$$

"Hey, Peter. Wanna go to the movies tonight? There's a special showing of Star Wars Episode i- The Phantom Menace and-"

"I can't tonight, Ned. I gotta be at the tower. Mr. Stark and I have... business to take care of." Peter explained, eyebrows raised in suggestion and Ned's eyes lit up.

"No way, you and him are going on a mission tonight?!" The brunette had to shush his best friend as he got loud, then nodded, a smile on his face.

"Not too loud, or someone might hear you. No one else can-"

"Sup, losers?" MJ questioned as she sat down at their lunch table and Peter quickly removed his hand from covering the chubby teen's mouth.

"Nothing, was just talking about..." Peter trailed off, trying to search for an excuse and Ned sat up straighter.

"Talking about ants?" The shorter best friend questioned, eyes shooting to Peter's and the curly haired teen's eyes widened, while MJ raised a perfect eyebrow.
"You were talking about ants?" The redundancy of the question further humiliated Peter internally as he realized he now had to run with the excuse and he looked down.

"Um, yea. You see, Ned was talking about how ants can lift upto about 5,000 times more than the bug's weight and I commented on how Ant Man can do the same thing- I, uh, would assume of course. It's not like I know him or anything, but based on Spider Man's ability to lift 170 times more than his weight, I figured Ant Man works the same way." Peter explained, before his eyes widened impossibly further and his breath caught in his throat. "N-not that I know Spider man, but judging on the dna and scientific facts on species of both ants and spiders-"

"Woah, okay. Um, I'm just gonna go somewhere that isn't here." MJ excused as she stood and left, causing Peter to facepalm. Ned just chuckled and rubbed his best friend's back in an attempt at comfort.

"Nice word vomit, dude." Peter rolled his eyes and laid his head on the table.

"Shut up, Ned." The brunette closed his eyes as his best friend shook his head, soft chuckles leaving his mouth.

Happy watched as the kid limped to the car, looking ragged and the man couldn't contain his worry. Peter struggled to open the door and Happy almost got out to help him. The teen slumped down in the back seat and Happy frowned. He wanted to question the doe eyed teen, but as he looked back he saw the spider's eyes closed. After making sure Peter's breathing was regulated, the car drove off and arrived at the tower not even half an hour later.

Once parked in the garage, he picked the teen up into his arms and frowned at the light weight. He didn't want to wake the damaged spider teen and once he got to the living quarters, Tony spotted him.

"What happened to the kid?" Tony asked, attempting to hide his concern and the body guard sighed.

"I don't know, Tony. He came to the car limping and passed out before I could ask anything." The billionaire took his protégé into his own arms and carried the teen to his designated room located down the hall. He lay him on the bed and sighed.