The Hoodie..

Song of the Chapter is... Bedroom Ceiling by Citizen Soldier!

We all know MJ, right? Bad ass friend/girlfriend to Peter Parker and a girl who isn't good at emotions. Let's forget almost everything we know about her for now and instead, imagine she has a sister two years younger. Now, of course Peter, MJ, and Ned are still best friends and shit, but Peter is single still.

There she stood, on the outside looking in and fists clenched at her sides. Her heart seemed to break at the sight and she could no longer watch. With her eyes welling with tears and an ever so present frown on her face, she took off to anywhere that wasn't her current location. With no intention to go home, she took off to the park in a nearby town and chilled on the swing, sun going down in the distance. Her breathing was heavy and eyes stinging from the unshed tears. She should've known. She was never someone's first choice and she was mainly used by people. How could she have thought this was different? The temperature was dropping as the sun finished setting and it didn't take long before the teenager began to feel the cold against her bare skin that was exposed by the t-shirt she was wearing. Even as shivers racked her body, MJ continued to sit on the cold swing as tears cascaded down her cheeks and her phone was going off. A couple hours passed and as she got off the swing, her balance gave out causing her to go falling towards the ground. As her body was about to make contact with the dirt and wood chips, arms wrapped around her waist, bringing her body to a halt.

"Careful there, almost gave a kiss to the ground." His voice was relaxing and as he straightened the two of them out, MJ kept her eyes to the ground. She didn't want him to see her teary face and ask what had transpired.

"Thanks." It was simple and straight to the point as the girl tried to push past her best friend and he grabbed her upper arm.

"Wait. What's wrong?" As he received silence, he noticed that she was shaking and quickly shook off his jacket, placing it around her shoulders. She still refused to look up and tugged lightly on her arm to pull away. "M-"

"I, um, I need to get home and-" The spider pulled her into his arms and lightly kissed her forehead, an empathetic smile on his face as he leaned back to look at her.

"I'm always here for you." Without any further exchange of words, the two departed and both had their minds heavy from thoughts. MJ arrived at her apartment and as she walked in, her parents approached their oldest.

"Michelle Jones, where have you been?" Her father had his arms crossed as he questioned his eldest and as she opened her mouth to speak, she was cut off by her sister.

"I think I saw her behind the school with a guy, locking lips. I tried to get her to walk home with me, but-"

"She's lying." After hearing enough of her younger sister's lies, she couldn't hold back the anger she felt. "She was the one-"

"MJ, why would I lie to mom and dad? After all, you wanted me to lie in the first place and tell them you were-"

"Alaura, that's-"

"Enough!" Mr. Jones raised his voice as he directed his attention to his 17 year old and narrowed his eyes. "Now, explain why you stayed behind after school with a boy and it better be good." His arms were crossed and MJ's eyes widened, furious with her father for believing her sister's lies.

"I wasn't at the school after we got out. I went to the park and was there for-"

"Whose jacket is that?" Her father raised an eyebrow while she mentally facepalmed and frowned.

"P-Peter's-"

"You're grounded for accusing your sister and trying to get her to lie for you. Go to your room and you're not having dinner tonight." Not in the mood to argue, MJ walked to her room and locked her door, not wanting to deal with her family. She caught the smirk her sister sent her way as she walked by and it took everything in her to not slam the door. She pulled out her phone and saw the missed calls and texts from Peter, a small smile making its way to her face as she read some of the sweet messages.