A Very Loki Birthday

"Gloomy Gothic God in sight." A voice whispered as they watched the green and black attire. The person crawled in the condensed hiding place and waited for the God to walk underneath his position before commencing his plan. A scream and a pained cry came from the victim and the spy grinned shyly, standing a distance away once off his target.

"You insolent-" Loki cut off as he took a deep breath and sighed. The God of mischief knew better than to argue and to be completely honest, he didn't feel like yelling at the birdbrain, so instead he shook his head. "Hello, Katniss."

Maybe it was because he had spent too much time with a certain cinnamon bun, or maybe he just forgot the archer's name as the nickname rolled off his tongue as though he were Tony Stark himself. He walked straight past the confused hero and went in search of the person he truly came to see. He walked past everyone with his head high as usual and didn't stop until he finally appeared before the young superhero he not so secretly adored.

Now, of course you're probably wondering why he didn't just take the bifrost or use his powers to appear before the hero and unfortunately, the author doesn't have a reasonable explanation. The god just felt like strutting his grace around the tower and he really didn't want to scare the boy, especially after the last time.. (20 votes and 20 comments for this one shot!!)

"Uncle Loki!" Peter exclaimed as he stopped in the middle of his invention and turned to one of his favorite uncles. The god smiled, the smile lit up his face and as the Avengers came to realize, this smile was specifically reserved for their nephew and only their nephew.

"Hello, Peter. How are you doing?" Loki spoke in the softest voice that others would never come close to hearing and his brother wished he could hear. Not to expose Thor, but he was seriously jealous of the relationship his brother and nephew has, envy was always present in his posture and appearance when around the two.

"I'm okay Uncle Loki, but I can't talk. I have to get this invention done and I can't be distracted." Peter excused as he turned back to his robot and started to continue working on designs. Loki frowned and tried to cover up his disappointment.

"It's fine, just thought you'd like to-"

"I'm sorry Uncle Loki, but I can't have you in my lab. Why don't you go walk around town and try to find Uncle Thor?" Peter asked, not even sparing a glance and Loki sighed, leaving without another word.

He walked out of the tower and started to walk down the street. He didn't want to find his brother and he couldn't help the disappointment that was in the pit of his stomach. He had wanted to hangout with his nephew and now, he was being kicked out of the tower by him. As Loki walked further into town, a guy popped out with a ski mask on and a gun in hand, demanding the God hand over all his money.

As Loki went to respond, or kill the fucker, a red and black suit covered human appeared in front of him. The 'hero' stepped between the two and took the gun away from the mugger, a bullet ripped through his skin and he groaned in pain. Loki watched as the human, or at least what he thought was a human, whine like a child as he beat the mugger with his own gun; screaming profanities as he did so.

"Fuckin shit fuck, that fuckin hurt mother fucker! You fuckin shot me ,ass shit!" He screamed as he used the but of the gun to continuously beat the guy unconscious and the God was mildly amused. "You're lucky Spidey said I'm not allowed to unalive people or you'd be so unalived right now." As soon as Loki's nephew was mention, confusion took over and he wondered who this idiot was that knew his precious Peter.

"Spidey?" Loki asked, more to himself since he's only heard the Avengers or Peter's friends call him that and the merc turned to him.

"You don't know Spidey?!" The idiot held his hand to his mouth and gasped, looking absolutely ridiculous. He looked Loki up and down, before bursting into laughter. "You look like a girl!" Wade pointed at the God between laughs and Loki rolled his eyes.