A Teriible Confrontation..

Song of the Chapter is... Never Too Late by Thee Days Grace!

I kinda messed up and added a part that isn't going to go along with my next part to this. So ignore that he sent the video to her parents and imagine it never happened.

When morning arrived, MJ was the first to awake and a scarlet blush took over her face when she saw Peter beside her. Of course, the spider kept his shirt on all night so she wouldn't become uncomfortable if she woke up before him and he even made sure covers were tucked in between them when he pulled her to his body. Though she knew she should probably move, she couldn't help staring at him from his chest and continued to stare until his eyes began to twitch. She quickly closed her eyes, too late to move and for some unknown reason, not wanting him to know she was awake yet. Suddenly, her phone went off and as she thought about waking up, the sound went silent. Since she felt him shift slightly under her, MJ knew it was him who silenced the ringing and he laid back down, his arms wrapped around her a little tighter. It wasn't strong enough for him to injure the female, but it felt more comforting and reassuring. 

"I promise you…" She heard him whisper and her body kept still, keeping her breathing at a steady rate. She tried to keep her heart from beating fast and instead, relaxed into him. "I won't leave you and Alaura won't get away with her bullshit any longer." MJ was flabbergasted at his promise and decided to wait a bit longer before waking up, not wanting the moment to end. He leaned and kissed her forehead, before lightly chuckling. "I know you're awake, M." 

"S-sorry-"

"For what?" When she opened her eyes, she was met with a glorious smile and kind eyes. It wasn't really anything she was used to and she looked down, head still on his chest.

"For last night and… dragging you into-" Her words were cut short as he pulled her up a bit and kissed her forehead. When he pulled away, her face was a bright red and he held a small smile.

"You have nothing to apologize for. I should be the one saying sorry…” He placed one hand on the top of her head, running his fingers through her hair in a calming gesture and rubbed the back of his neck with his other hand. “I haven’t been completely honest with you and… I know more about your family situation than you think. I should’ve stepped in sooner and I’m so sorry I let you be hurt for so long.” 

There was nothing, but silence and MJ mulled over Peter’s words in her mind. She's never told Peter about her family's treatment towards her and her fears were now known. She never wanted her best friend to pity her and now, maybe that's the only reason he's stuck by her so long. He probably told Ned, besides those two were closer than him and her. As more thoughts overcame her rational thinking, she felt the strong urge to leave and avoid the spider. Appearing as though he were a mind reader, Peter sat up lifting her as well and pulled the female onto his lap. He rocked back and forth, rubbing her back.

"I don't pity you, M. I- I didn't fall in love with a broken girl, I fell for a woman who is the strongest female I know. I knew you didn't want Ned and I to know what was going on behind doors after the first night I followed you while on patrol. You were at the library working on an essay for history and I saw you rushing down the street. I wanted to make sure you were okay, but couldn't let you figure out I was Spiderman and just watched to make sure you got home okay. After that day… I made it a usual thing, if I could and I'd always wait to leave once I saw you smile. I understand if you're mad-"

"Stupid, loser." Finally finding the ability to speak and mind less hectic, MJ managed to giggle as she shook her head. "I'm-I'm not bad, I just want to know why?" 

"Because… I love you, Michelle Jones." Her eyes widened, blush creeping on her face and jaw dropped. She didn't process that he was talking about her in the first sentence due to her thoughts racing and hearing him say those three words cause her heart to stop.