Just In Case...

Song of the Chapter is... All Eyes On Me by Bo Burnham!

"C'mon Buck, you can't just do nothing all day!" Steve yelled as he looked at his best friend who refused to get out of bed and the winter soldier sighed. He didn't want to spend his day doing anything and he surely wasn't interested in hanging out with his best friend.

"Go spend the day with your boyfriend, I'm good here." The brunette waved the blonde off as he stayed where he was and stared at the ceiling.

"Bucky-" The captain tried to argue, but the war veteran moved to a somewhat sitting position and rolled his eyes at the blonde.

"Go on, dumbass. I'll be fine here, just don't go getting yourself into trouble." A pillow merely dodged the Cap and Steve gave a joking glare.

"That's my line." Bucky let out a soft chuckle as Steve threw the pillow right into his grasp and the ass of America gave one last cautious glance with a question. "You sure-"

"Get outta here already!" A lazy smile slipped onto the winter soldier's face as his best friend surveyed him and finally, the blonde captain was gone. Bucky sighed as he fixed his pillow beneath his head and the smile slipped from his lips as he laid down.

Since being brought back from HYDRA and having his own will back, the soldier was still left feeling empty. A piece of him was gone and he didn't know how to process the new time period. It was heartbreaking when he came back at first and found out his best friend was already with someone. Even when Tony and Steve had the battle over Bucky, they made it through everything. Now, here the man was; left in solitude and his thoughts on free-range. The one thing that recurred in his mind was a spider he'd met at the airport and how they weren't afraid of him. It almost always made him feel less like a monster and more like a person. It's crazy how one interaction could change his mind constantly against the discriminating thoughts that took up 99.9% space in his mind.

&&&&&& Bucky Is Too Adorable, I Can't.. &&&&&&

James Buchanan Barnes was in trouble and he knew it. He wasn't even supposed to leave his room today as he told Steve he wasn't going to and now he's in a bad situation. It was a complete accident on both ends and yet... a possibly fantastic mistake. Both were happy and weren't regarding any consequences they may face. It was just the two of them and Bucky was more than happy to stay that way. He was glad he had wandered out of his hole to make food and he was more than pleased with his decision of making cookies. What the hell am I talking about? Well....

The winter soldier had stared at the ceiling for hours, mind nearly blank and eyes wide open. He wasn't tired, nor did he have energy and if it weren't for his military background or HYDRA's mind control, he'd go back to sleep. Instead, he was left to just watch the plastered roofing and thoughts flew through his mind. It wasn't until after his stomach growled for the fifth time that he got up and dragged himself to the kitchen. He didn't want actual food and instead, went for something he could bake. The ingredients were easy to find because he was the main baker in the house and after everything was gathered, he began to eye each measurement (I can't use measuring utensils since I bake too much and when I do use them, the food doesn't come out the way I like it). After placing the tray of cookies into the oven, the war veteran turned to leave the kitchen and as he got to the door, his body collided with a slightly smaller frame. The person fell back and the super-soldier looked down with wide eyes.

"Sorry about that, I-" His words were caught in his throat as he took in the features of the one who he had just knocked over and his mind went blank. In front of him on the floor was a gorgeous brunette with a hand to the back of their head and eyes closed.