Peter's Everything...

Song for this Chapter is... Rescue by Yuna

It was two am and the spider was still awake. Doesn’t appear to be out of the ordinary and no one was in a position to say otherwise. It was usual for the teen to be up at all times of the night and if his mentor was here, they would be in the lab working on their respective suits. Except, Tony Stark was no longer in the land of the living and it has just been Peter alone in this cruel world for the past five years. The Avengers were all divided; Natasha and Tony being gone. May Parker has been concerned for her nephew, but knew to leave him alone and trusted he would be okay. If there was one thing she knew about her nephew, it was that he needed time and space to grieve. If only that was really what he was doing and not currently in the hands of danger. 

“Who would’ve thought Spiderman would be-” Peter zoned out, used to the whole bad guy spiel and way too exhausted to even care. If he were being honest, he could be held at gunpoint and staring down the barrel of the gun with only one thought on his mind; PULL THE TRIGGER. His mind went blank as the man before him pointed his finger at the doe-eyed man and the hero yawned. The man was enraged and gripped his fist around the spider’s suit. “Did you just yawn while I'm explaining your death-”

“You were still talking?” It wasn’t a taunt or tease. Peter truly thought the man had stopped talking, not hearing a single thing while his mind raced and only snapping out of thought when he saw the finger. The hero was too tired to fight, exhausted from the world and his life. His senses were haywire from being on high alert at all times considering all the missions he picked up recently. 

Fury was suspicious at first as the spider would finish the tasks as if they were child play and the SHIELD director briefly wondered if the hero had been completely bluffing with finishing missions that would take professionally trained personnels longer to complete. It wasn’t until one night, Peter went to the SHIELD helicarrier after completing his 7th mission of the day that Nick Fury doubted the teen and sent a spy to trail the hero. It wasn’t that difficult of a mission and the spy did a good job at staying in the shadows, or so they thought. The secret agent watched the spider bring down an organization that had been under investigation for years and after the spider finished, he turned to the "hidden" SHIELD agent. 

"You got enough evidence I'm doing my job, Fury?" It wasn't meant to be snide, but when the eyepatch walked out into the open and looked a bit surprised, Peter stared at the man in boredom. "What's the next mission?" 

The spider hero felt numb, the sense of pain a dull wish as he hoped for some form of release and the attacks coming from the man in front of him did nothing to grant Peter's wishes to feel something; anything. Since that day he lost his mentor, the only remote feelings he had was when he was around his adopted little sister, Morgan. He would sometimes chuckle as he told the young Stark amusing memories with her father and though it made him depressed talking about the man who was like a dad (only second to his Uncle Ben), it was worth it to see Morgan smile and laugh.

"Iron Man would be disappointed with his little protégé." That sentence caught the spider's attention as his eyes snapped up to see the man, well as much as he could see. His eyes were swollen, soon to be black and blue. "Tony Stark-"

"Do-don't speak his name." Peter spat blood out and glared at the man best he could, restraining from attacking the disgraceful criminal. His anger bubbled and he pulled at the chains around him. 

“Oooh, soft spot for the spiderling, huh? Should’ve guessed that would hit a sore point.” The man chuckled, amused at the reaction he was receiving. Though it wasn’t the pain he wanted to see, he loved to watch his victim struggle against their restraints. The anger that ran through Peter was immense and he had to keep himself from completely blowing the mission. He didn’t want to risk killing the fucker too early before he finds out exactly what he needed to.