Please....

Song of the Chapter is... Walked Through Hell by Anson Seabra!

"Well unfortunately, I don't have a penny as of right now to give for your thoughts, but maybe I could get a loser discount?" He asked with a smile and she stared at him for a second, before shaking her head as she giggled about.

"You're such a-"

"Loser?" He questioned as the distance between the two seemed to disappear and the doe-eyed teen looked up to meet eyes with his badass best friend. They stared for a few minutes, neither wanting to break eye contact and both lost in each other's eyes. It wasn't until the door flew open that they suddenly separated and looked away. They tried to hide their blushes and Alaura narrowed her eyes while neither were looking. MJ was the first to look up and be met by her sister's spiteful glare and as the brunette male finally snapped out of it, the youngest's facial expression changed.

"What is taking you guys so long and why were you just standing so close to each other?" Red flags raised in Peter's mind as he looked at MJ and saw her body visibly stiffen.

"She almost fell since she always has her gosh dang head down and seeing as I was coming back from checking the mail, I luckily caught her before she fell to the floor. I was just making sure her ankle was okay right as you opened the door and scared us. Sorry about leaving you alone like that." Though he didn't want to, he flashed a smile at her and walked closer to the door. He held it open as Alaura walked to the couch and sat down, staring at the spider.

"Come on, M. I promise my place isn't too bad, though it isn't my dad's mansion." Peter was somewhat eager to see her smile again after that exchange and though it was small, it satisfied him a little bit. As the two older teens sat down at the kitchen table to work, Peter turned to Alaura and forced another smile. "The remote is on the coffee tab-"

"Actually, could I sit with you two? I have homework as well and should get that done first. After all, I wouldn't want to ruin my fantastic grades." MJ rolled her eyes while pulling out her school stuff and Peter held his back as he was still looking at her with a forced smile still on his face.

"Oh, of course. There's plenty of-" The hero was cut off as the female sat directly next to him, despite the counter being a decent size and other empty seats. Feeling uncomfortable and having more red flags fly in his head, he excused himself as he stood up. "I actually need to go grab some supplies from my room, I'll be right back."

As he left the table, Peter couldn't be more appreciative of Tony for placing Karen throughout the apartment on miniature devices and he noted to himself to thank him later. He knew Alaura wasn't as innocent as her parents believed and he needed to get proof. Though he hated to admit, that night wasn't the only time he'd witnessed how MJ's parents treated the two siblings differently and everything he's witnessed an incident like that night, MJ was always the bad daughter while Alaura was the precious angel. It angered him to no end and now that she was making it so they might not be able to be friends, he was willing to do anything to prove to his best friend's parents how awful their youngest truly is.

"Karen, are you still recording everything?" Peter spoke quietly once in his room and though it was originally an excuse to get away from the younger teen, he began to collect some poster oars and other art/school supplies around his room.

"Yes, Peter." Due to his own modifications, Karen knew to speak quietly if he did and to speak through the speaker only in the room he was in. Peter smiled and after having everything, thanked the AI before leaving.

"Thank you so much, Karen. Could you possible upload the footage to my phone?" After receiving a yes, he thanked the AI once more and left for the kitchen. Due to his quiet steps, neither of them noticed his presence and he witnessed the younger sibling spatting slanders at his best friend.