#7- I've Got You

Song of Chapter... Human by Christina Perri

"Can I please stay with you, pleaseeeeeeee?" Peter begged, hands together and a puppy dog face. Tony chuckled and shook his head.

"I don't know, kid. It's spring break and-"

"May is going to be away and if I'm left alone, I'll... I'll throw a party and-" Before Peter could get another word out, Tony began to laugh and Peter frowned.

"Nice attempt kid, but we both know you aren't good at parties." Tony smirked as the teen held an offended look and he gave the billionaire a heart wrenching look that made Tony's heart drop. "Okay, okay! Gosh, you can stay for the weekend."

"Thanks Mr. Stark!" Peter exclaimed, engulfing Tony in a hug and the billionaire tensed. Peter realized what he was doing and let his mentor go immediately.

"Sorry, I-" The music came on blasting and the teen sighed, turning back to his suit.

+++++++ Time Skip Because I'm Trying To catch Up With The Whump Tober Prompts ++++++

The billionaire felt exhausted as he left yet another conference and he walked through the building on auto pilot. As he headed towards his office, he was stopped by his closest friend and fellow scientist, Bruce Banner. The doctor had a smile on his face and he seemed to be rushing to his lab, talking to himself while he walked. Tony stopped his friend for a conversation as he was confused and the doctor's eyes brightened upon seeing his fellow scientist.

"Hey Banner, what's got you so giddy?"

"Well, Tony I was down in the interns lab, doing my normal presentation and this peculiar new kid was down there. He raised his hand with the answer every single time and even approached me after the presentation." Banner mentioned, a smile still on his face and the billionaire raised an eyebrow.

"Don't they usually come to you after for a better explanation?"

"Actually, it was quite surprising when he wanted to talk about my gamma research. He had many ideas and suggestions, I'm on my way to go get some of my work now to share with him." Tony's eyes widened and he quickly followed the retreating scientist.

"Mind if I tag along?" Tony questioned. Surprised with himself and Bruce faltered a bit, but continued.

"Uh, sure." Bruce said, entering his quarters and heading back to the lower labs, Tony trailing behind. They arrived to the lab and all the interns were gathered around a single table, seemingly enticed by what they were watching.

The scientists shared looks, before moving closer and looking at the 'new intern'. Both were surprised, but for different reasons and they both looked at each other. Bruce was surprised that the kid who looked no older than 16 stood behind the table, tinkering with a robot that has been malfunctioning for weeks. Tony was meant to fix it and was asked by Bruce to overlook the errors, but the brunette was always pulled away by conference calls every time he tried to fix it. The machine began to move as Peter made the final touches and everyone applauded the newbie's work. Tony was surprised because the kid was in the lab with interns and had them all interested in his work.

"That's him, Tony. He's the one that came up to me about my research." Bruce mentioned and the billionaire was speechless. An intern turned around as the show was done with and gasped.

"Mr. Stark-" The guy was cut off as gasps filled the room and Peter was nervous. He wasn't sure he was allowed down here and he also distracted the minds at work. The teen ran up to the two scientists and bowed his head.

"I'm sorry for distracting-" Peter began, but was cut off by the scientist who studies gamma radiation.

"You know how to work on machinery as well?" The doctor asked in amazement and Peter glanced up, surprised to see an amazed doctor staring at him.