A Devastating Battle..

Song of the Chapter... Never Too Late by Three Days Grace!

"We need to get them somewhere safe." A voice was so far in the distance, he barely heard it and he struggled to open his eyes. A red blur met his eyesight and his body felt numb. Limbs were hard to move and his words were lost. He could tell whoever was around him were panicking as he felt a tear fall onto him and he forced his eyes to remain open as best he could. Looking around, he could see what resembled fire and another body laying on the ground not too far from himself. As his eyes began to close, he heard pleading and pain in the voice that became clear to him in the slightest way.

"Please... Take care of... Bucky first..." Darkness took over and he was left feeling cold. It was as though he were in a dark, endless void and there was no way out. What had happened? How did the winter soldier go down and who was the other person? Well, to explain that we need to turn back the time and view the events leading up to the mishap.

^^^^^^^^ It Was Ruled By The AIs That I Continued With Shuri, Ned, MJ, And Peter... ^^^^^^^

"What else did you expect?" Shuri smirked and Peter pinched the bridge of his nose in mock aggravation.

"I expected we all act like adults considering we are almost 30 years old." Peter scolded as he caught a lightsaber aimed for his head and turned his gaze to find his father standing behind him.

"Alert as always." The billionaire raised his gaze and smirked when he saw the three other adults in the room. "You rugrats sure have a way of making yourself at home."

Shuri's clothes were disheveled and hair was messy. Ned's clothes were torn in multiple areas from the princess' gruesome attacks and there was also a gash on his cheek. It was odd how things had turned out and Peter couldn't help wondering how close the three had gotten while he was gone. The three of them didn't appear to have much to catch up on and even pointed out particular details in the stories if it was being told differently. They must've kept contact, whereas Peter couldn't and the spider felt bad. Of course they understood and empathized with him, but it didn't get rid of his regret. He had slightly drifted from MJ and Ned, the ones who were always there for him and he knew it was his fault.

"Hello daddy warbucks, didn't expect to see you here. Did hell not collect your soul yet?" MJ snarkily spoke and Tony narrowed his eyes.

"That's really funny, Ray-jay. I was just about to ask you the same thing." The feud had been going on since the three were in high-school and it had apparently gotten stronger through the years.

"They're ready for all this." MJ smirked as she gestured to herself and continued while Tony's smirk began to falter. "Besides, they ain't ready for a new ruler yet. So, you come down to steal away our spider?"

"Excuse me, he is my son. I would like some time with him considering he's just returned." Tony frowned and MJ narrowed her eyes.

"Too bad. He was ours first." She stuck her tongue out at the billionaire and the aforementioned glared.

"I'm taking my son-"

"No you aren't." The badass was getting annoyed as she approached the billionaire and stopped a few feet in front of him. "You can have him later, but right now he is ours. Now be a good boy and run along." Same condescending tone as when they were younger.

Peter felt as if he were watching a movie full of his memories as he watched the two bicker. He felt more at peace and watched as they fought over him. Ned looked over at his best friend from the corner of his eye and smiled when he saw the look on his face. The spider was smiling and watching intently, as if in a trance. Before he knew it, the spider jumped between the bickering adults and his smile grew immensely as he saw the spider completely relaxed. Even in a situation like this, he seemed happy and his best friend knew why. It was just like the old days and back then they were more carefree. It was clear everyone had grown in their own way, but remained the same maturity wise and it was amazing how far their friendships had stayed together so long.