Part 17

I don't know for how long, I am seeing Elliot screaming. He is huffing in pain. His red blood is the proof of the sufferings that he is enduring.

Suddenly I felt I am losing grip over everything. I couldn't stand still anymore and everything turned black.

I opened my eyes and saw familiar ceiling of my little room. It's morning. To be specific, dawn. Because low light is coming from the windows. The birds has already began to sing. And environment is absolutely cold and quiet. I used to celebrate every dawn when I first came to Texas. Perhaps, it was the betrayal that banned sleep for me that time.

It took me minutes to realize what happened last night and right now I am in my bed.

Gosh! Elliot. I jumped from my bed. I am in my last night top. I have no time to change. I want to know how he is now! That Riley! How dare he! He tried to kill Elliot. I am sure he will be behind bars. I won't spare him. How could he do something like this? I thought he must have a sweet heart covered in a tough personality but he is cruel.

I quickly opened the door and went to the living room. Its dark and little light is coming behind the curtains. I turned on the lights. I ran to the place where I saw Elliot last. I thought the place will be full of blood but there's nothing. Its clean and neat. Like it was nothing there.

I screamed "Ana"
No response.
"Ana"
A fear drained my face. What if Riley did something horrible with Ana? What if she is in pain? I don't trust that fucking brat.

I quickly ran into the room of Ana. She isn't there. Her bed is empty. I should call her.

I am red due to constant running and sweating. My heart is ready to rip my body anytime. Literally, I am feeling my body weighs hundred pounds more. I am scared. The person who can kill someone in front of other people can do anything. A heavy stone is crashing my chest every milliseconds.

I took my phone and dialed Ana's number. She picked it after some rings. I said in a broken tone
"Ana"
She took a deep breath and whispered
"Alis"
"Where are you?"
"Hospital. Taking care of Elliot. Elliot is fine. Don't worry"
A relief passed through my body. Jesus, they are safe. I said
"Tell me the address of the hospital"
"Okay, I am texting you"

After approximately 20 minutes later I'm pulling outside the big glass hospital named
"Berry Hospital"
Who the hell keeps the name of a hospital berry?
This is where Elliot has been admitted. The sky has started to be more beautiful and caution. Dawn is the time when Earth adores itself as a new lover.

I tucked my hair behind my ears and opened the door of my car. I went inside the hospital. I thought the hospital will be empty as its dawn but I can see some people covered in aprons, walking and sitting.

I remember when I was in hospital after the vital accident, I used to get scared at night as it was soundless. My small heart echoed for mom but she was gone. Dad couldn't be with me as he had to take care of Ted as he was suffering from tuberculosis stage 1.

I went to the 11th floor. I expected I would have to ask in reception about their room number. But the moment the elevator opened there's no reception, just a door and some sits past it. Just a only little space and a door in this big hospital!

The reception must be behind the door. I opened the door. But no, its a room. I gazed Ana is sitting beside Elliot. His stomach is covered in white bandages and plastered. A saline stand is constantly giving him energy and an oxygen mask is moving ups and downs every time he breathes. And some monitors is showing some numbers. I don't even know what instruments they are.

I looked at Ana. She is leaning into a chair beside Elliot. Her eyes are red. She is miserable and exhausted. Her face has dried up all ready. She tried to smile a little but I can see the pain behind those eyes. Like me, she couldn't believe what happened last night. She said in a soft tone
"Come inside"