Part 75

"Alaska, let's just say, from where to start?" Marshall asked with immense hatred.

At this moment, my sole concern is Finnie. As long as she is in the hands of Marshall, I can't remain calm. Tears are dropping from my eyes and I'm trying hard to remain silent.

"I hope you know you were bought from your family" Marshall said intensely. I flinched. How the hell he knows? He studied my expression and satisfaction hit his face. He said deeply
"By the claim of authority!"
I can't relate how he knows! If he knows, what's the relation?

"It was me who bought you from your father. By the claim of authority" Marshall said proudly. He is mesmerized by my expression. I felt a hot pressure inside my chest. I looked at him with unbelievable eyes. Is he speaking the truth? My father sold me to this monster? I'm having trouble in breathing.

Marshall said again
"The sole meaning of claim of authority is, you are my servant till I die unless someone buys you from me"
I'm shaking terribly. If it's true, I wouldn’t have any option legally to turn away from him. I don't even know if it's possible illegally.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. Someone bought you from me long ago" Marshall said sensitively by caressing Finnie. I looked at desperate eyes trying to know the name. He looked at me and smiled
"Riley. He bought you from me long ago"
After huge time's sake, I'm proud at Riley. I'm gonna hug him if we make this out. I looked gratefully to Riley who gave me a miserable look. He is as scared as I'm.

"Of course, don't think it as free. Marshall never donate or grants anything" he said maintaining a casual tone
"We had an agreement" he declared proudly.
After a long time, Riley said in a broken tone
"Let it go. Don't do that"
Why is he pleading? What did he sold in exchange? Why he looks so scared?

I looked confusedly at Marshall and he looks like he is about to declare something that he has been waiting for many days. A secret that will tore me and Riley. He said in a high voice
"Riley sold his daughter to me. She is my daughter now"

I felt all the air have been absorbed of this room and I gasped for air. Riley sold our daughter. She is just a day older. Is this why he returned? Is this why he was becoming overprotective of our daughter? I thought he loved us. There were so many clues. I was fucking blinded by everything.

He is crying. There's guilt in his eyes. All the memories flooded in my eyes. The moments we spent with Finnie during last hours was enough to make me forgive Riley. Little did I know, how nasty he is!

Marshall cleared his throat and said
"Riley Spencer, this time I won. Now, you are gonna realize how it feels like to lose a child. You are gonna understand what I had to bear!" Marshall said while greeting this teeth
"That was an accident" Emmy barked
"Accident? Oh really? You think killing my daughter was an accident? Your fucking father killed her. Abbey would be here today if your father hadn’t tried to kill her"
"That's fucking lie! You never loved your daughter. That's why you left Abbey to die. My father tried to kill you. My mother was God damn kind to protect your daughter and got herself killed in the hands of my father" Emmy scowled.

Marshall seems infuriated at this. All the sentences and lines are going above my head. Marshall snatched our daughter just because Marvel killed his daughter. I don't know what to say.

"I tore that fucking contract. I won't give my daughter to you" Riley yelled. For the first time, he spoke up. I looked confusedly at him. Is this another play created by him? Is he trying to earn some sympathy from me?

"That's of no use! I will keep her to me. Oh Alaska, I forgot to tell you in details. Hear out" Marshall stopped for a second and handed Finnie to Ana, who is expressionless. She had been living with me for 4 years under the same roof. She knew all of that. But she never told me!