Part 5

Is it true that everyone you know, knows about you? Is it true that no one likes to know the truth behind the circumstances? Is it true that people loves to judge someone by their past and not by their present? Is it true that you are judged by your family and not by you?

Maybe yes maybe no. I guess yes.
These are the most famous and unknown questions I asked my mother when I was only 7.

Its 3 AM in the morning and I am looking at the bare ceiling of my room. Unable to forget that happened a couple of hours ago.

Is it my fault that I came from a family who is well known for having world famous brothels?

Mark insulted me so easily. Just because I snatched his position. The Mark I knew, helped me to upgrade my skills and taste, sends me notes, when I remained absent without my seeking, had been my perfect desk mate. But suddenly, he changed. He will never know my struggle and past that haunts me still. I tried to sleep but even my sleep boycotted me.

Next morning---

"You look terrible" said Ana
Eye liner smashing into all over my red swollen eyes, messy, uncombed hair, terrible look is not a fashion that people might like. I replied
"I know"
She changed the topic seeing my uninterested eyes.
"I made breakfast for you"
"But I am the one who makes breakfast always"
"You can live with an exceptional day" she smiled

She handed me a plate of chicken cheese noodles. I was hungry. I found it very tasty.
"You aren't finding any faults today"
"It's perfect"
"Good"
After a moment's of silence she finally said
"He just called you fucking prostitute bloodline. What's there to be so sad?"
I chose not to reply. She don't know the darkest past of my life. She don't even know why this word affected me this much.

Seeing my sad version, she again changed the topic
"What are you going to do after your graduation?"
She is right. With no parents or guardians to pay for my college fees, I requested for fellowships and grants and that actually helped me to cover my whole yearly fees. But next week, I will be getting my certificate, and my grants will be stopping so I have to find work now.

"I am thinking to apply for the post of chefs in different hotels and restaurants" I replied after shoving a spoon of noodles.
"Great, I wanna see you having a good life before I leave"
I said slowly
"I will miss you"
She embraced me with all her love and care tightly. She had been my support system always.

After a hot shower, I am feeling good. Wrapped in a white towel, I came out of washroom. I stood near window. Soft breezing of cold airs is filling my soul and head with pleasure and comfort. I heard birds chirping. Beautiful lights making this city more beautiful.

My phone started to ring.
Gosh wrong timing!
I went to pick it up. It shows Freddy's name at the top. I picked. He asked in a hesitate tone from the other side
"Alaska, Are you good?"
"Yep, I am"
"I am sorry for Mark's behavior. You know how nerds and toppers functions. A failure isn't exactly the thing that they have regularly."
"I know" I just said this because I don't know what to say about this behavior of him.
"Ana, Mark wants to talk with you"
I replied without any second thought
"Pass the phone to him"

After few seconds, Mark said in his usual tone
"Alaska" After a heavy sigh, he continued
"I know my behavior can't be measured by just sorry."
I said rudely
"Is that all what you wanna say?"
"Hell no. I have more. See, I know I am guilty and you have the right to be mad but meet me once. Please, I owe you an explanation"
"Okay fine"
"Today Bob's cafe, 2 PM"
"Okay I will be there"
After a silence, Mark replied
"Thanks Alaska, it means a lot"
"Okay Mark"

I hanged the phone saying this. I really need a justification behind this behavior.

Its 1 PM already. I opened the cupboard. And started to think what should I wear. I decided to wear a skinny top with jeans. After getting ready, I adored myself with mascara and eye liner. And decided to go for lip balm rather than glossy lipsticks. With a scarf on, I finally got ready.