Part 8

My car is running so smoothly. Is it the fixing or the road has turned to butter? I can say he took it to very expensive work shop to fix my very cheap car.

Wearing a pink sheath dress, covering my full hand, I looked very pretty.  With a light make up, I am finally driving to the Spencer company. It took only 20 minutes to reach.

After parking in the parking lot, I gazed through the window of the car. Its a blue glass building. Its unique and the design is special. Its elegant. A glass bridge is seen that connects the both building. My heartbeat would stop if I have to walk in the bridge much high from ground with zero possibility to recover. I am sure Ana would be happy to see the design.

I can gaze pink flowers and many little plant tubs with yellow red flowers through the balconies and windows. So Riley believes in natural decoration.

I gradually started walking to its door.
With every step, an unknown knot is tying in my stomach. Maybe, this is my first step of destruction. Or maybe, I am taking my first step of my most awaited future. I will be at kitchen and I am sure Riley's cabin won't be beside kitchen. Maybe months will pass without seeing his handsome face. And Riley won't be nice to me. I don't know why he behaves so rudely only with me. He talked so nicely with Ana and Ted. Complete weirdo.

A bodybuilder with arms stopped me before entering into the door. After showing my I'D card, name and purpose of visiting he finally allowed. A guard opened the door of this big empire and my eyes went straight to the lighting word
              "SPENCER COMPANY"
Black suited men is walking everywhere in the company. They must be bodyguards. So the man who opened the door of Riley's car or came to my house must be his bodyguard. The compound is so big that I felt like an ant comparing to an elephant. But maybe after few weeks, I can finally be comfortable with it.

I directly went to the reception. A girl in her late 30's greeted me warmly. She asked
"Miss, How can I help you?"
"I am here for an interview for the position of chef"
"Okay, go to the 9th floor and our workers will guide you afterwards"
"Thanks"

Saying this, I headed to the elevator. Thank God the elevator is empty. But God didn't supported me that much.
A blonde man wearing brown suit, entered into the lift. He is not 40 yet. I can guess by his face. After pressing his floor number, asked me
"Who are you? I have never seen you before"
"Well, I am here to give an interview today for a cook position"
"Good. I am the head of the cooking department. My name is Brezo Cumberbatch"
"Nice to meet you sir. I am Alaska Reed"
"Nice to meet you too young soul"
I just met my own boss. Riley is his boss and he would be my boss if I get this job. So, I have to be nice to him.
The elevator opened at the 9th floor and I hesitantly entered into the big and tall hallway leaving Brezo Cumberbatch behind.

A couple of man walked to me and saw my papers and pointed me to wait in the waiting room. There are only 6/7 people in the room. And the number is gradually decreasing as the interview has started.

When the last one went, I was sitting alone in this empty hallway. With no sounds or no talk. It seems like a dessert. The whole company must be sound proof.

And after 20 minutes, when the pre participant came out of the room and went to the lift, I stood up because it was my turn but no one is calling me. What if they forgot me?

After some moments a blue suited half aged man walked through the hallway very fastly. A brunette boy was trying to stop him but he wasn't paying any heed. The brunette boy came to me after coming back and said
"I am extremely sorry Miss Reed. Our sir, who was taking the interview suddenly went to his home. His wife is very sick"
"What about my interview?"
"Don't worry, your interview won't be stopped. The great Spencer company won't let you suffer. Please follow me"
This man looks like a sycophant of this company.