Part 40

I am currently in front of Emmy who looks not only mean but also worst. He looks so thin and broken. Operation hit him hard. Stacy is outside waiting for me. She says it's hard to see Emmy in this condition.

After hearing Stacy's story, I decided to meet Emmy straight from the helipad. He is still smiling at me. He always smiles like that.
"Alaska"
"Emmy"
"Good to see you. We are sorry about Stem"
"You ought to pay a compensation"
"That will do" he winked but his face dried hearing the compensation
"You will celebrate this Christmas with us"

He stared at me in silence and smiled
"Fine"
I didn’t knew he would agree so soon!
"I wanna see you together with Stacy and Stem"
"I am fine alone"
"No you are not. That kid is bound to have father's love"
"I am pacifying Stacy to find a father for him"
"He doesn’t need any as long as you are alive"
"In no time, I will be dead. None can survive with this health"
"You can. Can't you think what will happen to Stacy and Stem if you go away from them?"
"Everybody moves on in their life"
"Nobody does. There's always a connection between past and present. I thought I moved in life after coming from Australia but this time I realized I didn’t actually moved. I was hiding from me. Too afraid to fall weak"
"That's so wise to think" Emmy tried to laugh
"Think about that"
"I will" he smiled at me
And I smiled back. He honestly looks disturbed and ill. But I hope, he really see the truth.

After a fake assurance, though I know he can't walk anymore, I came out of the hospital and ended up in the Spencer Mansion. The whole house is covered in snow. It looks so elegant. It feels like I was here yesterday. But it's been 5 days.

I stepped in the drawing room and found Stem painting in his drawing book. He smiled as I entered.
"Alis, Mom"
Sharp memory! He remembers my name
"Stem" I smiled at him. He ran across the room and hugged Stacy first.
"Where you last night?"he asked
"I went to bring Alis"

The boy looked at me with his innocent eyes. And said
"How are you?"
"Fine. What about you?"
"Good" he shook his head like a barbie doll.
"Stem, I hope you didn’t behaved like a bad boy"
"No. I followed Liley and Lay's order"
I nearly chuckled how Stem pronounced Riley as Liley. But who must be Lay or Ray.
"That's my good boy. Where are they?"
"Here" a girly voice called out from the study room.

I looked front and found Riley and a girl walking towards us. Riley looks so perfect. I don’t know but I kinda expected a bit miserable of him. Not a silt of guilt for hiding and not a silt of happiness after seeing me back. I hoped the desperateness in his eyes but rather he is looking at me curiously. As if, I returned from a summer camp and he is ought to welcome me!

A hot lump of jealousy stroked my throat upon seeing the girl. She is with Riley. Riley is with her! Has he began seeing someone in my absence?

"Thank you so much Ray"
"Don't say it. It was my duty" Ray gave us a yaeba smile. Having a yaeba tooth must make her attractive.

The girl who Stacy referred as Ray is not so pretty but attractive. Her blue eyes and her yaeba smile makes her more lovely. She is dressed in a yellow shirt folded in her black skirt and a black belt.

"Alis, this is Ray Donovan. She takes care of Stem in both home and hostel. And Ray, this is Alaska Reed. She is a part of this family"
"Nice to meet you Alaska"
"Nice to meet you too Ray"
"Since, I am here, you can go. I will take care of him" Stacy said
"I know you will" Ray smiled.

She looked at Riley and her cheek turned red. She blushed and grinned
"Bye Sir"
"Bye" Riley said while looking at the floor.

The girl took her bag and went towards the door. Riley stretched out his right hand and said
"Come"
"I can go myself" I stormed off saying this.