Part 89

"Can you please babysit Fin today? I need to take Elliot today out" Kiddo asked me with a pleasant face. Despite no matter what, I despise Elliot. I wish he had died the day I shot him.

I don't want Kiddo to take him. He would surely had a deep impact on her and she would fly away from me. Even, Fin would start calling her Dad. My imagination turned more wild and with utmost distribution, I said
"It's your day to have her"
"I will exchange it some other day" she said innocently
And an idea bloomed in my mind!
"Do me a favor" I said with a smirk
"Yes?" She asked innocently
"Have Fin. Lemme gave Elliot a tour" I said and I saw Elliot's gulped a dry cough, Kiddo gave me a surprise look, Ted choked.

We all are sitting at the breakfast table. And my words blowed every one.
"You don't know Australia much" Kiddo said as she knows it wouldn't be better to leave Elliot with him
"I know better" I said while chewing a piece of bread. It's not lie. I do know some spots.
"But-" Kiddo protested
"Riley seems confident. Let's go" Elliot said and I'm lil bit surprised.

I pulled my car towards a near museum. It's better. Time will cut off by seeing and less talk. It doesn't even seem that Elliot is interested in talking to me. As it's been 5 mins and he didn't even made a sound. Maybe, I should say at first,
"How Australia seems?"
"Nice"
Awkward silence
"How's job?"
"Good"
Awkward silence ultra
"Enjoyed the wedding?"
"Yes"
Awkward silence ultra pro
"How's breakfast?"
"Best"
Awkward silence ultra pro max
"How's the scenario?"
"Riley, why does it seem that you are forcing the conversation?"
I twisted my eyebrows
"It's not true"
"You shouldn't have stopped Alaska to come with me" he said.

I realized the raise of temperature. I practiced the in-out process. Doctors said it's an effective way to control anger.
"Don't I seem a better company?" I asked
"She is my friend. You are my friend's ex husband and my ex boss. Don't you think that she might be a better company?" He said logically.
"It's better if you both stays friends" I said by tightening my jaw. He is replying on a cold voice with cold attitude. Whereas me, I'm drowing in hot pressure.
"We don't really have a thing" he said
I asked
"What do you mean?"
"She will never be mine. I like her but she loves you. I understand and respect this" he said in a deep voice.

I'm overwhelmed at this sudden conversation. I didn't even expected this.
"Don't you-?" he stopped me in the middle and said
"I do but you both are made for each other. I want Fin to have her biological father"
I'm satisfied at his answer. At least, he is being honest.
"Do me a favor. Let's make a plan to convince her. Take me to a park. I know you surely aren't the person to take me outside on a tour" he giggled and I smiled too.

I pulled the car back in way back. Elliot surely didn't break the friendship. He stepped away from us. He returned back to Texas in the evening. Ted is with Pearl in the shopping. Fin is sleeping. So, its just me and Kiddo in the house.

I knocked her door and voice came out
"Come in, Riley"
I opened the door and saw Kiddo drowned in a file. I gently locked the door and sat beside Kiddo gently, careful not to wake up Fin. I adored the busy Kiddo. Even that she pretends that she doesn't care about me but she still has feelings for me.

Alaska's POV

"It's been hard to pretend that everything is normal" sudden deep conversation triggers me. This one did too! I didn't expected this from Riley.

I gave him an awkward look and closed the file.
"What do you mean?"
"You know what I mean" he gave me a stern look.
I let e deep sigh out. He started again.
"Everything is normal, Riley"
"Is everything really normal, Alis? 3 years back, you said you wanted time to fix everything. I respected it. But, you don't happen to be content"
I looked deeply into his eyes. Since 3 years, he was pretty soft on me but now, he is the same Spencer. The same egoistic Riley Spencer.
"We talked about it" I rolled my eyes with my tough personality.
"We are sorted now" his sudden tough expression turned into soft face
"I'm not sure"
I let out a deep sigh. It's true that I needed time. He gave me 3 years. But things have turned out more complicated. Whenever I had to contact Riley regarding Finnie, things turned awkward.

It feels weird to be friends with someone whom you loved once.

"Fin is growing up, I tried to be better, you completed your dreams, you wanted to live in your own house with Fin, I didn't denied, you wanted time, I gave you 3 fucking years, you wanted divorce, even though it took me a heart to accept it, I accepted that too and you're not sure?"
He huffed

It's a baseless question. I know that everything is true but whenever I think about it, everything flash in the back of my mind. Every incident.
"Listen, I worked for being a good father for Fin. Look at her" he pointed towards the sleeping Finnie and continued
"She might want a normal family just like Stem wanted"
I remembered the pledge of Fin uncountable times to let Riley stay with us or me to stay with them but I always had an excuse.
"Alis say something"

I looked at his ferocious yet pale face. The thing that I feared the most happened today. I knew a day will come when I have to face this. Either from Riley or from Fin. And it happened today.
"Riley, I have summed up my life" I said in a nervous tone.

I'm afraid cause now there are no reasons to blame him. Even though, the miscreants that he did in the past, he became better with time. In this 3 years, he did what I wanted. He is hopeful now. He wants me to return back in his life.

"Is this a no?" He asked with hurting eyes
I starred at his face blankly. I can't answer this one.
After several minutes of silence,
He said in a deep masculine sound
"Your silence will pay for it"
His sudden change of expression sent chills down my spine. He stood up and ordered
"Gegs"

Within a sudden hoarse sound, I saw everybody entering, specifically the guards, most of them are known including Oliver and Mr Hyde. My expression blew off. I looked at the rude Riley.
"Giving you one hour. Go and get ready. We will return to Texas today night" he said in his previous bold expression and gently took Fin in his arms.

He closed the door and went away with his bodyguards. Before returning, he gave me a warning look.

Riley's POV

I looked at the dazzling bold lights from 5000 feet high. I always loved the night view from chopper. It always looks so peaceful. Electricity is a great thing!

I feel more peaceful as I'm holding a hand of Kiddo and another hand is holding the sleepy Fin. I kinda enjoyed Kiddo's expression. She was totally surprised and blowed off at my sudden action.

Everything went as per as my plan. Fin and Kiddo both are accompanying with me. Me and Elliot made this plan today. I informed Ted in case of any emergency.

My gaze shitted from the view to Kiddo. I said
"You may sleep. The night is about to end"
She looked at me and said
"You aren't sleeping too"
"Doesn't feel like" I tried to smile to ease her
"As you forced me, you will be the one to drop me at my house" she said
"After landing, we will go to the church directly and then we will proceed towards our home" I said in an obvious tone.
"What?" she snapped and I tried to act normal
"You heard me" I said
"No way" she said. This girl is so stubborn
"Don't you love Fin?" I asked her
"Of course, she is my daughter"
"Don't Fin loves me?"
"Yep" her deep gaze is making me out of control but we're in a chopper.
"That means you love me" I spoke
"Once I did" she lowered her gaze. I grew closer and kissed on her cheeks. And to my wonder, she remained silent
"I still love you" I honestly answered

Moments of silence passed away. But the environment is easy. She asked breaking the silence
"Why do you love me?"
"Cause you Alaska Reed, is the good girl, that every bad boy imagines of!" I said and I saw a smile appeared on her beautiful face. She hold my arms stronger and kept her head on my shoulder. I too lowered my head above her.

The night will pass away any moment cause I can see the dimmish ray of dawn in the night sky. After a long time, I felt that everything's gonna be all right.

(Hey guys, how was it? Keep supporting #RileyAlaska)