Part 70

Today is my baby shower ceremony. Couple of guest have already occupied  the hall. Not very much. Layken, Freddie, Jorice, Stem, Katie, Kylie, Latent, Lauriya, Ted, Brezo and Ellie.

I wore a long gown of light pinkish. The proportions are absolutely correct and my bump looks a lil unnoticed. Stacy wanted to keep my hairs open but due to heavy hair fall, I decided to tie a braid. Stacy pinned a small wooden card named
'Mommy to be'
It's cute and I'm sure my baby will love this too.

The sole problem is I don't want to meet anyone. Pitying me or having sympathy on eyes has become a new trend. I'm not happy about what happened to me.

I have a keen wish, despite all of this, despite what he did to Eve and me, I wanna see him today. I know he won’t come but is it bad to expect something even after knowing that's impossible?

I walked down into the hall with Stacy and greeted everybody with all this thoughts in my mind. The hall is decorated simply. But it looks like baby shower. It's gorgeously simple.

I sat in a chair while everybody came with a gift in their hand. Stem came with a gigantic smile in his red cheeks and I kissed on them. It's been long since we met. He whispered
"Is my cousin good?"
"Absolutely fine"
"You will let me play with it. Won't you?" he looked at me in confirmation
"Of course" and his face brightened up a lil.

Emmy clutched his shoulder from back.
"Come on, Stem. Give it"
I looked at Stem and he ran off quickly
"What is it?" I asked Emmy who was smiling mysteriously at me.

In the mean time, Ted and Lauriya came. I hugged both of them. Ted grinned
"You grown fat"
I'm about to smile or mock him back but I couldn’t. I remember Riley said the same thing to Ellie in our wedding and Ted reminded me of him. Seeing my expression, Lauriya handled
"He's joking Alis. She hasn’t grown fat but there's a small baby inside her womb"
"I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you" Ted quickly apologized. They mistook my expression as an offend.

Ted and Lauriya gifted me some cute baby bodysuits. In the mean time, Stem dragged Stacy. There's a huge wrapped packet in the hands of Stacy. I blinked blankly at Stacy. She placed it in the ground and unwrapped it. It's a baby back seat.

I'm impressed. This one is much useful. I can fit it into the car to carry my lil daughter. I thanked them and again gave a cheek kiss to Stem.

Brezo came with 4 months year old Alaska in her hand and I pulled her cheek. She abruptly looked at me but soon distracted her attention to a flower vase. She looks more like Brezo than Ellie. Brezo greeted
"I hope you are doing so fine"
Fine! I don't remember last when I had been fine.
"I am" I sighed heavily.
Ellie soon find out the reason of my sigh and jerked my hands
"Don't you think about him for a moment!"
I smiled at her and nodded in agreement despite knowing that I wanna see him desperately.

I wish he would turn up today. At least for the sake of this function. For his pregnant wife. I know I would end up getting hurt by keeping inappropriate expectations.

Brezo and Ellie gifted me a nursery kit. It has some cute mittens, socks, two lil feeder, two pacifier, two crochet hats and two nappies. They are useful too.

Jorice hugged me from back and I giggled. He has decided to pursue his career in blogging in YouTube. He is currently a travel blogger and has earned a lil popularity in Texas. Lauriya revealed that they are dating. That's another reason for Lauriya to fly from Australia to Texas. I was about to fell from the couch hearing that. They are opposite poles. Lauriya is intelligent and career oriented. Jorice is care free but smart. If they can make it out together, this is gonna be a miracle! I hope Jorice is serious this time and he will move on. If this is another play by him, he is gonna lose his body soon. I won't tolerate a single drop from Lauriya's eyes. She never dated and she is my sister!

"Hey baby girl" Jorice winked
"Don't flirt! My baby is watching and Lauriya too" I teased and he blushed.
Oh my God! I never saw him blushing.
"Let her also see how you made her. Shall we?" he again flirted back
"Shut up, Jorice" I pinched on his stomach.
"By the way, Ana sent a gift for you. I sent it at your room"

I invited Ana but she is not available at this moment. So, she couldn’t come. I didn’t knew she would sent gifts. Eve is also busy and currently off station. I know she doesn’t like to come in this house cause maybe there are memories related here. Memories of good time and bad time.

Various person gifted me various things. I got nappies, baby lounges, baby dresses from almost everybody. Only an unique gift from Latent, which is a photo frame. I soon turned tired and kept sitting in a corner.

They  forced me to cut the cake so that they can shove it down by their mouth. The cake is not bad but I feel like I would throw up if I keep eating it. It's a white fondant cake and there's a small two shoes. One of them is pink another one is blue. Ellie screamed
"Why don't you reveal the gender today?"
To which, I grinned
"The baby will be out in a month. Can you wait?"
"We wanna know the gender Alis" Ted said too
"Not soon. It's a suspense" I giggled mysteriously.

It's true that not a single soul except me and Eve knows about the baby's gender. Not even Stacy. I don't wish to reveal it now.
"You gotta tell us" Layken insisted.
"Come on, spill it" Katie insisted too
"You are gonna know at the right moment" I defended for the last time
"Tell it Alaska. I'm dying to know" Stacy beamed at me.

"Okay fine" I took a last deep breath and broke out
"It's a baby girl"
I noticed everyone's expression where there is a zeal of happiness and excitement. They all congratulated me. The most happiest persons are Stacy and Stem. Stem hugged me and thanked me for the lil baby sister. I know he will be a great big brother.

I thought maybe I could take rest for an hour after this constant greetings and wishes but it's not on my destiny. After the sudden gender reveal ceremony, they all arranged a sudden naming ceremony. I honestly searched and googled loads of names for my baby but couldn’t come up with a decent one.

Everybody started to decide and gave me some ideas but none could attract me, except one. It obviously came from Ted.
"Dad has suggested a name for your baby. As it's a girl, he suggested the name Finnie"
They all looked at me in agreement and I took this to think for a second. Finnie seems cool and easy
"What does it mean?" I asked
"It means genuine, real" Lauriya said smilingly
"Tell Dad I loved the name. I will keep it on my daughter"

Everybody smiled and congratulated me for finding a name. Honestly, Finnie seems better than most other names. It's the result of my genuineness and sincerity.

(Hey guys, we are at the 70 chapters. Oh my God! That's a huge achievement. Thank you so much. I love you all. #RileyAlaska)