Part 48

The first thing that came across my mind after a long exhausted sleep was, I need to know where Riley is!

Yesterday, I stayed awake till midnight for him and slept in the couch waiting. Stacy knocked my door for a couple of time to go and celebrate new year's night with them but I didn't felt like going. I even brought a handsome piece of watch, a matched suit with my gown and a bouquet of white lilies. But he hasn't shown his face from yesterday morning. And today is his birthday and the first day of new year, and he isn't here!

Is he in danger? Has something been wrong to him? Has Marshall did something to him? How can he! He is in prison. Then where is Riley? His phone seems out of network. I called several times.

I got up from the couch with all conscious tension running through my brain.

The first thing, that I did after taking shower is, going to Stacy's room. The whole mansion seemed to be decorated with colourful paintings, clothes and lights. Not to forget balloons! Balloons? Seriously? It's Riley's birthday. Not Stem's!

I knocked on the door and she asked me to come in. I hurriedly barged into the room. Stacy looked at me with confusion in her eyes.
"Do you know anything about Riley?" I asked
"Yes. He stayed at Ohio yesterday. He will be here till evening" Stacy told
"Did he informed you?" I asked
"No. Ray did. Riley's phone isn't working there"

I felt a relief. I am now relaxed. He is safe and he is in Ohio! But why didn't he told us about his visit Ohio? But how does Ray knows this?
"Did he told you that he will be going to visit Ohio?" I asked Stacy
"No. But I asked Ray"
"What Ray is doing there? She should be taking care of Stem!"
"She is there for internship facilities. Riley said he would help her. So he took her with him"

I felt so jealous. He is helping Ray without even informing me. And he is taking a girl with him to Ohio. I thought it was only me, who he took there. He could have helped Ray by sending anyone there. But why he?

"You okay?" Stacy asked in a concerned voice.
"Yes I am"
"I have done all the arrangements. I'm so excited. Yesterday night, Emmy was with me"
"What? That's great" I tried to appear as excited as possible but the thoughts of Ray and Riley is constantly penetrating in my mind.
"Yes. It was only me and Emmy. Looking at the night sky and fireworks. The night was so magical" Stacy seems like she is narrating one of the most memorable incident of her life.

If Riley would have been here, we would do the same. But he is busy with some babysitters.
"I'm sure your plan is working" I assured her.
"He also told me to take our wedding ring back" Stacy looks so happy. She is glowing more than ever she did.
"Girl, he is really trying to get back to you"
"I hope so"

I spent rest of the day in constant thoughts and baking a cake. The fondant cake seems perfect. I tried to add cupcakes as he loves it.

It's deep evening but there's no sign of Riley. What if he don't show up?

The house looks more elegant due to decorated by clothes, lights, balloons and flowers. I never felt this place can be so beautiful. There’s a bar at the extreme corner of the hall and there's a lighting platform on the middle if the hall. There is a big chandelier hanged above the platform. It looks gracious and delightful.

Guests haven't started to come yet but in the meantime they will. I didn't had any will to go, dress up, do some make ups. Rather, I felt concern.

But everybody knows the bossy Stacy. She forced me to go and dress up. Before that, I strolled in front of the door whole day, forcing people to knock out their decorations and flowers and constantly apologizing.

I put the dress that I brought yesterday. It's a long golden gown with black embroidery printed on it. Its back is sleeveless, reveling my shoulder. I feel comfortable because it isn't showing my boobs. I did huge make up today. I don't know why but I have a slightest guess that Ray will be here in the party tonight and I need to look perfect in front of her.

I kept the suit on the middle of the bed with white lilies and his birthday gift. I also kept a note-
"Happy birthday Riley"
That will help my man to grin and that's enough. Whenever he will come to the room to get dressed, he will find this.

It's night past evening, guests have filled the hall, everybody is turning their head when I walks in. Even Stacy seemed to be satisfied by my look. She matched a black outfit with Emmy. And the most adorable person of this party is Stem. He looks so cute in that black suit. Every known and unknown women are kissing him on his cheek.

My friends, colleagues, all are here. Except Riley. Me, Stacy and Emmy have become tired by explaining
'Riley has an important business meeting and he will be here soon'. Everyone seems to be fucking busy with Riley's whereabouts.

A waiter came near me with some drinks. I chose the red wine. I took a sip to control my nerves. The absence of Riley is freaking me. I am feeling that he might not show up tonight. I wouldn't get to celebrate New year and his birthday with him.

I can see Brezo and Ellie from where I stood. It makes me jealous seeing how they are happy with each other, talking, Brezo making Ellie happy, that symbol of love in Ellie's hand. No matter how happy I am for them. The absence of Riley makes it more surreal to watch them.

"Is that Darius?" I heard a female voice. I turned my head and found Layken and Jorice talking pointing to Darius. They hasn't noticed my presence yet.

Layken is in gorgeous yellow skirt with black shirt and Jorice is dressed in white shirt and pant. Makes him look like a real gentleman.
"Yes. He is. Has Eve came too?" Jorice asked
"Why would she? They broke up long ago" Layken said after taking a sip of her juice.
"Have you heard from her lately?" Jorice asked
"Yeah. She is working for orphanages and giving free treatment to the kids"
"One Berry wasn't stop then!" Jorice giggled and Layken smiled too
"I told you, man. Eve is so much like Berry. Berry adopted me and Stacy. Fairy was her family"
"I know this place was an adoption centre before" Jorice teased
"That's so mean, Jorice! I grew up here" Layken said rudely.
"I'm only joking. Have you seen Riley? I haven't saw that little prat since I came"
"Yeah, he came through the back door. He is on the study room" Layken said

A huge lump went through my throat. Riley has came! He is here! I should go and meet him.

I turned my heels towards Study room. I need to see him. It felt ages to walk to study room. I stopped coming near the door because I can hear voices. It's bad to eavesdrop but they aren't hiding too.

"You know how much I admire you, Sir. Thanks for the help" a voice called out. I know this voice. It's Ray.
"There's nothing to be thanking me. Just do me a favour" Riley's voice filled my heart. It feels so long since I heard this.
"What?" Ray asked
"Don't tell Alaska or anyone from my family about anything. Especially, what happened yesterday night!"
"There's nothing to be hiding" Ray said
"There isn't! But I would like to tell them myself"
"Fine. But wear the dress that I bought for you" Ray requested
"I can't. Alaska bought one for me. Oliver just handed me this"
"As you lost a bet to me yesterday, you have to wear my dress" Ray insisted
"I can't be a bad kisser after all"
"You weren't. You are actually a good kisser" Ray said and both giggled.
"You best be get dressed. The party will began momentarily" Riley said
"But you hate your birthday"
"That's true. I don't feel like celebrating it"
"Why?"
"Whole world celebrates it with fireworks. I can't contribute to it" Riley said and Ray giggled. I heard a footstep fading away.

What happened at yesterday night? Riley a bad kisser! How Ray knows this! Did they kissed? Is Riley seeing someone? Is he cheating me? Is he betraying me?

I walked through the crowds into the party. I should have go and ask Riley but I don't want to hear it. Not now! Suddenly, all the glamours and grace started to fade away. All seemed to be darkened. People's smile and laughs has started to look like pain for me.

Riley was with Ray last night. They went to Ohio. And Riley kissed Ray. My man kissed Ray. I know I should be asking Riley myself. But what if he lie? What if he feeds me bullshit? I will know where his loyalties lie in a few moments. I will be noticing carefully to Riley's dress. I will see which one he chooses. I will know who he loves. Please Riley, wear what I chose for you.

(Hey guys, Usually it take me 3 days to write a chapter. But I wrote it in just 1 day. I was God damn excited when I was writing this chapter. Hope you will like it. #RileyAlaska)