Part 38

I opened my eyes by the voice of Dad
"Dear"
"Yes dad" I said while squeezing my eyes.
"Dinner's ready"

What dinner? I blinked blankly.
"Is it dinner time now?"
"Yes dear. You slept for five hours. Come quickly. We are waiting for you"

Dad went outside of my sight and I let a deep yawn out. I was too tired and slept after having snacks.

I got up from bed lazily and stared at my room. It hasn’t changed a bit. Maybe no one came here except Rose.

My room isn't big. There's only a shelf, a table, a bed and a cupboard. That's all I needed when I was a teenager. Oh yes, my luggages too.

I opened my bag and took out my pajamas to keep it in my old cupboard. There are several stickers of barbies and music singers in the walls of cupboard. Hannah, Montana, Snow White, Mermaids etc. A smile appeared in my face. I was so childish.

I opened the cupboard and several wrapped gifts fell into my foot. What that might be?

I took a yellow wrapped one and it has

It's your 17th birthday Alis.
From dad.

My heart nearly melted. Ted told me that he had kept all my birthday and Christmas gifts. I took another blue wrapped gift which is comparatively small

It's your Christmas as a 15 years old.
From dad.

I removed all the gifts and kept them in the bed. I will surely open it to see what's in them.

Finally, I headed towards the dinner table. Everybody was already there. Everyone greeted me warmly and I sat with them to spend some family time.

Rose served us meat pies with sausages. She really cooks good and I was hungry too. Suddenly Dad said
"It's been long since I had your hand made food"
"Your beef risotto was amazing" Lauriya said

I remembered sending Lauriya beef risotto and Dad Palvola after receiving their graduation gifts.

"Palvola was amazing too" Dad said
"Thanks"
"Did you shifted bed to your room?" I asked Dad
"Yeah, kept it myself" Ted said proudly
"Thanks" I thanked him.

"Guys, since Alis came after a long time. We shall watch movies together tomorrow" Ted said
"But I really have to study Duchenne muscular dystrophy tomorrow" said Lauriya
"It's weekend tomorrow" Ted said but immediately imitated like Lauriya
"Nothing like weekend exist for a neuroscientist"

We all chuckled except Lauriya. Ted can really act like her. Lauriya's expression turned to a red asteroid and she scoffed
"It's true. I deal with human disease and neurons. And they are away from your nerves"
"Take a day off Lauriya, pls" I made a puppy face. I used to make it when I wanted something from her.

She remembered it and grinned
"Fine. I will take a leave"
"Breaking news. Lauriya Salivas Reed is taking a day from her neuron shits!"

Ted exclaimed in wonder cupping his both cheeks with his hands. I saw Lauriya looking at him in angry eyes. And me and Dad are laughing our ass off.

I finished my dinner, wished everyone goodnight and headed towards my room. I am tired. I need more sleep. I looked at the bed which was full with gifts. I took them one by one and kept in the floor. I may open it tomorrow.

Finally I took a clean and mesmerizing shower and wore my favourite pajamas.

Before sleeping, I checked my phone. It had 24 missed calls from Riley. 7 from Stacy. And yeah of course 9 voice messages from Riley. I ignored each of them and slept.