Part 49

I am sitting in front of a bar with a glass of champagne. I don't want to take it untill I can know Riley's choice. I want to be conscious.

All thoughts are running through my brain. How can Ray know that Riley is a good kisser? Did my love faded away? What happened yesterday night?

My all thoughts broke when I heard an uproar. I looked at the direction. Riley is standing at the top of staircase. Everyone is screaming and clapping. And I looked at the dress.

He is wearing a blue suit with white shirt. No tie but a small tuxedo of black that matched with his black pants. His hairs are well combed and he looks so handsome today.

There's a smile in his face and he is slowly walking down. I watched as my man walked from the staircase and got mixed into the crowd, where I can no longer see him.

All is well! Everything is! Except my love, that has faded. I bought the dress, the golden suit, for him with love and care. That blue suit isn't bought by me. Ray must have bought it. And he wore it. Neglecting my love, all the moments we had together. He knew, I bought a dress for him. But he chose Ray's dress.

It hurts, Riley! Really, it hurts. The moment when I watched that dress in his body, I felt a strong ache in my chest. My eyes are paining to let out tears but I can't cry. My inner throat is inflaming in pain.

"Alaska" I turned my head hearing my name. It's Kylie.
"You pretty there" Katie beamed.
I don't want them to fall weak infront of them.
"Hey" I waved.
"Come with us" Kylie pushed me into the crowd. I don't wanna walk in this crowd. There's Riley. I don't wanna face him. I don't wanna see his black eyes gazing me which used to give me priority once.

Katie and Kylie are yelling and telling several things but I am listening absolutely nothing. My mind is constantly prioritizing the fact that why wouldn’t Riley wore my one?
"Oh my my! Brezo, look, she is looking so pretty" I looked at Ellie who was looking affectionately to me.

I didn’t realized we were heading to my work group. There’s Ellie, Brezo and Latent. They all hugged me.
"I hope our lil girl doesn't get any evil eyes" Ellie said giving me a small peck on forehead.

Brezo and Ellie has always been affectionate and kind to me. They really adores me. They all spoke fluently and changed all topics as fast as possible but I am hearing nothing. Just some little nodes and yes.
"Alaska" Katie pinched so hardly.
"Yeah!" I came out of my imagination world.
"You okay? You seems so quiet" Katie asked whispering. Everybody is busy in gosspis. None is paying any heed to us.
"Yeah. I'm fine" I lied.
"Do you know her?" Katie asked ponting to Layken who is with Jorice and Fred.
"Yeah. She is my best friend" I said
"Wow. She is my neighbour. I didn’t knew that"
"I didn’t knew you guys live in the same place"
"That girl is very nice" Katie complimented.
I smiled a little.

The party seems so boring and painful to me. I was excited about it but now all my happiness are gone. I spent moments from Katie and Kylie to Layken and Fred but nothing seems to be peaceful to me. I remained silent in almost everything.

I looked down as a hand pushed my dress. It's Stem.
"Alis, Mom said you to come. Liley will cut cake"
I haven’t met Riley yet. And he is gonna cut the cake. I don't know if I'm ready to face him. He literally betrayed me in my face.
"I'm a bit preoccupied at this moment. Tell Riley to finish his job. It's his birthday after all"
I told Stem and he vanished into the crowd.

I won't go near Riley!

Everybody nearly gathered near the table when they're informed about the purpose. I clearly mixed into the group of unknown people. So that, everyone feels I'm with Riley and I can see my man celebrating his birthday from a better distance.