Part 51

I walked into the breakfast table with Layken. It was horrible last night. I was so obsessed with sleeping beside Riley that it felt weird to see Layken in the bed. Though, I made it out.

I don't even have the nerve to catch up with Riley, except he remains present in the breakfast table.

Stacy, Stem, Emmy, Riley. All are here. In the table.

"Oh my God! Breakfast at this table after 4 years. It's been long. Hell, I missed it" Layken said cheerfully and everyone smiled decently.

I pulled myself a chair beside Riley but he immediately pulled the chair back. He doesn't want me to sit beside him. Not early in the morning, God! Everyone is suspiciously eying us but everyone is too brave to ask him.

Suddenly, I recalled about last night. How happy was he by woring Ray's dress! He doesn't deserve my focus.

I sat beside Layken extreme opposite to Stacy.
"Mommy, Lemme stay" Stem requested and forced me back to reality
"We will bring you back home soon, dear" Stacy assured
"No" Stem pouted angrily.
"Is he going back to hostel?" I asked.
"Yes. Why don't you go and eat some chocolates, sweetheart?" Emmy said and Stem ran off.

"But, why he need to? Children are supposed to live with their parents" I said. Why they even keep him away?

"He will be far better off" Riley said taking a spoon of spaghetti.
"He won't be. Family is important" I protested
"We are mafias. Home isn't exactly the thing mafias children should duel in. Environment isn't safe for them. Me and Emmy too lived in hostel"
"You were grown ups. Stem is a child who can't even speak properly"
"He will learn quickly" Emmy said
"Prioritizing the fact that environment isn't safe, why don't you stop doing wrong things in front of him?"
"We need to act fast" Riley replied.

Honestly, hostel isn't good for Stem. He needs to be with his own family. Why they are so cold about that? Haven't anyone realized the importance of socialization?

I digged my fork, without anymore argument. Layken and Stacy seems so quiet. Has Stacy seems to be like stone? Her sentiments should interfere here!
"Now, I wanna make an announcement" Emmy said wiping his lips with a napkin.

Neither any soul made any sound. I thought somebody would. But we are more eager to hear what he says.
"We are going to honeymoon" Emmy said proudly catching the hand of Stacy.

Oh my God! Emmy has finally agreed!

"Congratulations" I cheered.
"But, you have been to honeymoon and made Stem there" Riley mocked and I saw Emmy twisting his eyebrows whereas Stacy turned red.

"That's great, Emmy!" Layken cheered them.

Stacy seems to blush. She is happy with Emmy's decision.
"There's further more. From now, I'm gonna live in this house"
Emmy said and I can see Riley's face enlightened itself. I am so happy for them. Finally, they are ready and finally, Stacy won. It's a moment to celebrate! Cheers!

Stem hugged me. I hugged him too. The little toddler made his face all red by crying. At the same time, he is looking the most adorable creation of this world. I kissed him on his cheek and he whimpered more.
"Be a good boy. I will send more chocolates for you" I assured him and he smiled with his half grown teeth.

He walked towards Riley and Layken. Emmy and Stacy are gonna drop him first and after that, they will be going towards airport. I don't know if Venice is nice for honeymoon. I meant, I never heard anyone to recognise this place as honeymoon spot. But if they enjoys well, all well.

Stacy hugged me with tears in her eyes. I know what she meant. It's the tear of triump. I bet it's also the tear of gratefulness. I heard Riley teasing Emmy
"When you come back, make sure you have Emacy with you!"
We all giggle because we all know what Emacy is. The name of their second child, if really born. Stem is actually good combination of letters then Emacy.