Part 56

"So, I want a wedding soon" Riley said sitting into the group of us. Emmy and Stacy insisted us to discuss and be open about everything. So, we decided to host the meeting soon after dinner.
"How soon?" Emmy asked
"After 2 and 3 days perhaps. There's a weekend after 3 days. We can do then" he said
"What? 3 days? It's too early Riley! I haven't informed anyone. I need to buy clothes. We need to chose venue. We haven't decided the catering, decorations and the photo shoot things. How will I manage? We need cards to send? How they are gonna be prepare in such a short span of time?"
"Calm down, baby" Riley assured me with his left hand caressing my cheek. Maybe, I saw a small lil smile on Stacy's face for a second.

"Alis is right. It's too early" Emmy supported my decision
"I can't wait to marry her" Riley clutched my hands and left me admiring him.

The sentence seems so surreal! Am I dreaming? I didn't knew I would start my day knowing nothing and end my day by discussing about marriage.
"Riley is right. We will manage everything. Don't worry" Stacy assured me and supported him.
"Fine, Stacy will take care of Alaska's needs and complete girly stuffs. I will help the caterings and photographs. And for you Riley, invitations and decoration are your stuff" Emmy slowly divided the work between us.

"We need to talk to her family. We can't just do anything without their consent" Stacy said. I know she is the most social being here.

A moment of silence prevailed into the compound. I don't know what Lauriya will say when she will finally know that Riley's a mafia. Maybe, I should talk to her. Or Maybe, not.
"I will surely ask for your hand" Riley said
"Fine, the wedding will be after 4 days. Get ready with your preparation. We are having a wedding soon" Emmy declared and Stacy cheered.

They both left soon and I kept my head into the shoulders of Riley tracing the line of my ring.
"What if you don't make it up to my Dad, or my brother or I can say the toughest, my sister?" I whispered
"Don't worry about that" he kept his head above my head. Peace!

"I haven't actually thought about you disliking your room" Stacy said taking a sip from her who-la-lua coffee that she recently liked at Venice.

I turned red. Embarrassment! Me and Riley slept together in the couch after talking upto midnight, not realizing. And Stacy watched me few moments ago. I left Riley, who is still sleeping the couch.
"I don't. It's just" I stopped because I honestly don't know what to say.
"It's just? Pre wedding vibes" Stacy decided to have a laugh actually. She is constantly making me blush and enjoying herself. She passed me a cup of coffee. I took a sip. It isn't so bad.

"Emmy really cried when he was saying vows in the wedding. He really meant that" Stacy said while nurturing her past thoughts.
"Riley is the toughest" I said and she gave me a mysterious smile.
"I agree too. Who's that?" she asked pointing to Mr Hyde who walked towards me, bowed and wished
"Good morning, Ma'am Alaska. Good morning, Ma'am Stacy"
"He is Mr Hyde. My personal assistant. Mr Hyde, you grab yourself breakfast. I will call you when needed"
He listened to my words and went out of my sight.

Stacy flipped by the words 'personal assistant'
"You got yourself personal assistant?" she looks startled and absolutely surprised
"Yeah. I told Riley to take you back"
Her facial expression stiffened. She is casting me a hard demeanour.
"Why is that?" she talked loudly. She is angry
"You've got a family. Emmy needs you. I can't expect you to hung around me all the time" I explained but nothing's changed.
"Did you ever felt the need to ask me about this?" she asked clutching her fists
"No. But I want you to go back what you used to do!" I said praying hardly that she might not get angry.
"You know you are in grave danger" she said
"I know. Riley himself bought Mr Hyde. Don't judge his decision" I pleaded.
"Fine" she gave up. My logic seemed to make a point.

"You are not angry with me. Are you?" I asked because I want us to be in good terms.
"I'm not angry, Alaska. I'm scared. Scared for you! Marshall will turn to you as quick as possible. Be careful" she spoke honestly giving me the most caring look.
"I promise I will" I assured her.

"Girly talks, huh?" Riley said while rubbing his hair wearing a skinny t-shirt with sweatpants. We slept together in that condition. In the morning, with his messy hair, he looked more hot.
"Not at all" Stacy answered
"When are we going to the shopping?" I asked Stacy
"Tomorrow" she replied
"Fine. I need to invite everyone today. Got a very lil time" I said which forced Riley to look at me twice
"Haven't I mentioned about the wedding being quiet?" he asked
"What do you mean by that?" I asked back
"I gave it a thought to not marrying publicly. It's gonna be a calm wedding. Only four of us" he said
"Riley, what about my family?" I wondered

He can't be serious! I have always thought about my marriage to be decent. I always wanted to walk down into the aisle with a huge white gown with my man amongst the guest. I don't like this quiet wedding! Never!

"We will inform them. Your brother already knows about Marshall. They will understand" he said calmly
"Marshall has been arrested" I protested
"He may harm us. Wedding is a great option for him" he said care free way
"I want a grand marriage" I demanded
"Why do you need to vow in front of everyone? I'm gonna be the one to hear it. Better me than anyone" he said rudely.
"Alis is right, Riley. You said it would be a grand wedding. What happened to you?" Stacy wondered too
"I gave it a thought last night and I found it dangerous. Of course, I don't wanna marry her at her life risk" Riley said

It's unfair! I don't want this boring wedding. With no friends or family, it will be worse.

"Fine" I can't deny his point. If he is saying this, he's got a reason.
"Listen to me. There will be no one except the four of us" he ordered and I nodded with disappointment in my face.

"Are the rumours true, Alis?" Ana spoke from the end of the voice. I was expecting her. The moment, I messaged everybody about my marriage, as I can't invite them anymore, everybody has seemed to lost it. They are constantly messaging but only she got the liberty to call me.

"Depends on what you heard"
"I saw the message. Are you really getting married?" she asked in a questioning tone. I know, she is freaking out but trying hard to calm herself down.
"Yes. I'm" I confirmed

She remained quiet for a moment. Hell! I want her to speak.
"You are not pregnant. Are you?" she asked
"Jeez, no. I'm not" the thought almost made me laugh.
"Fine. That's a good news!" I guessed she would sound excited cause she was the one who wanted to see me being Riley's girlfriend.
"Aren't you happy?" I asked
"Why wouldn't I? He is perfect!" she said in an expressionless and normal tone.
"That's pretty good!" I don't know what to say.

Ted called me after Ana. I'm nervous about whether to pick or not but he's family.
"Sis, are you really getting married?" he asked without any proper greeting.
"I never knew you to be blind" I teased
"I mean, Congratulations" he said in a not so sure tone.

I know the news has surprised everybody. I'm enjoying and kinda annoyed.
"Pass me the phone to Dad and Lauriya" I said
"They know. I told them. Dad and Lauriya has been quiet after that. Seems bit strange" he said
"I wanna talk to them" I demanded

I waited for some seconds to hear the voice of Lauriya and Dad but instead, it was Ted.
"They said they would call you later" he said

My breathe catched like a raw leaf on my nose. Aren't they happy about my marriage? Why they ignored me? Did I made a grave mistake by not informing them before?

(Hey guys, wass up? Vote, comment and share. There's a good news. My story rated yesterday. It's my first time of being rated. Thanks to you all. Happy reading. #RileyAlaska)