Part 52

I closed the door and sat in front of it by burying my head into the knees.

Doesn't it hurt to take a life? Can he really see the blood sprinkling from the injury and the next moment, the person is lying on the ground? Why he has to be in this line? Why he has to be a murderer? Did I end up befriending with the peoples of underground?

I was lost in this constant thoughts when my phone rang. I hurried up to the table. The light flashed the name. It's Ted.

"Hey Teddy" I joked and I can imagine his red face
"Shut up. It's Ted" he said
"Whatever"
"You seem to be very busy with Riley. No message or phone calls" he complained.

I have been so obsessed with him and his thoughts, that I nearly forgot I have several things to do.
"I'm sorry. I was busy" I apologised
"It's okay. We know how much efforts you are putting on your work" he comforted. But I know I am putting zero efforts. All I do is Riley, Riley and Riley.

"That's so mature of you" I teased
"Since birth. Have you heard from Ana?" he asked. It's been few days since I called her.
"No"
"Wait. Lemme add her in conference" I am really hoping to talk with Ana. After few rings, she said in her familiar voice
"Hello"

It felt like ages to hear this.

"Ana" me and Ted, we both screamed.
"Alis? Ted? Alis, are you in Australia or Ted visited you?" she asked in an excited tone and confused too.
"We are in a conference call" Ted said
"Hell, I have been so busy. You can't imagine the height of pressures. Sometimes, I feel like I'm a pressure cooker"

We both chuckled
"Something finally repressed Ana" I mocked
"And we all know who repressed the busy Alaska!" Ana pinched
"Our mafia Riley Spencer" Ted said in a singing tone and I turned red.

We talked mad for hours untill Riley entered into the room and saw me laughing my ass off. I cut the call when our eyes catched. He is casting me a hard look. Suddenly, I remembered Riley is a murderer.

"Why are you laughing?" Riley asked and all my happiness soaked out
"It's Ted and Ana. On the phone"

His expression softened but the hard one is still intact.
"I am having a bad day and being miserable. And you are so happy. Why aren't you miserable?" he asked
"Because neither I cheated nor I murdered" I confessed.

He is still looking at me with the same cold eyes. And his messy hair fell upon his forehead. He needs a haircut.
"Who told you?" he groaned
"Does it even matter? You literally murdered a man!"
"I won't spare Darius" he yelled again.

I can't help but wonder how he knew that it was Darius?
"How do you know that?" I asked
"This is my territory. I have footages and sound recorder everywhere except personal bedrooms and bathrooms. I can see and hear what everybody does. You phone is trapped too"

"You can't do that, Riley. It's insane. I'm a human. I have the right to live by myself" I revolted but he doesn't seem to care it.
"I can and I will. By the way, I believe you" he said
"What?"
"That you didn't cheat"
"Took you so long!"
"It did"
"But I am confused. Why you wore Ray's dress and not mine?" all the anger flashed into my mind.
"I swear I wore your one. Dumb Oliver spilt red wine on that. And I had no option"

He swore and now I think, I can trust him. But still, I need to check. I tried to ignore that part except proof.
"See this" he said and extended his hand. The watch that I gave him on his birthday. It looks so good on his wrist. Feels like it was only made for him. It feels awesome that at least he gives me the same priority like he used to but I haven't forgot about his tantraums. I yelled again

"You can't just hinder my privacy"
"What if Marshall comes here and do something wrong to you?" Riley asked
"This place is nothing less than a castle. He will spend hours finding me"
"He is so cunning"
"I do own a gun"
"And there isn't 100% probability of it"
"Honestly Riley. I'm an independent girl. I don't like this shits"
"The security system has been here before you came" Riley said with a hard expression. I didn't knew that.